U2 on Danish and Norwegian TV last night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dandysweets

Acrobat
I watched an interview with Bono-Adam and Edge-Larry (from Fez where they also did the Dutch, Portuguese, Swedish, etc interviews we've seen recently).
I don't have it available to upload but I think it was a pretty bad interview. Half the programme (before the interview with the band) focused on how the reporter has been a U2-fan (especially a fan of Bono) and how he'd wanted to meet them/Bono for years. Basically the interview turned into one big adulation-fest of Bono. The interviewer pretty much ignored Adam and when he interviewed Edge and Larry, the first thing he did was comment on how much Bono talks. I thought it was really embarrassing. Sure Bono is interesting and obviously a special person but I thought it was really unprofessional of a reporter who's going to interview 4 people but only has eyes for one of them. It made me wanna hang my head in despair.

As for the Norwegian interview, I know it was broadcast last night but I didn't watch it - hope it was a better interviewer than the Danish one.

Oh, okay thanks a lot!

U2 have done quite some interviews while they were in Fez. I notice they mainly did interviews with tv stations from countries where they aren't touring this year, except the Netherlands. Austrian TV also got an interview, which I posted about a week ago. I hope U2 really come to all these countries, including mine, next year.

U2 have done quite some interviews while they were in Fez. I notice they mainly did interviews with tv stations from countries where they aren't touring this year, except the Netherlands.
And Brazil. :sad:

I hope they come here next year.

last unicorn.

you got a point. it does seem to be several of the countries they're not touring in (apart from sweden and holland). also, i notcied that bono in each of the scandinavian interviews (norway, sweden and denmark) mentions that THAT country is number one in the world of fighting poverty, which i thought came across as a little fake. but hey, nevermind ;)

you said you posted an austrian interview, i haven't seen that one. which thread is it in?

Oh yes, I forgot about Sweden ... they did so many interviews recently :doh:

But it's true that Holland and the Scandinavian countries are really leading the fight against poverty, at least right now, so Bono isn't wrong about that.

Hmm, the Austrian interview was posted in the news thread, but I'm afraid it isn't online any more, since news on demand are only online for a week on our national tv website.

oh no, shame about austrian interview, i'd love to have seen it :( maybe it's on youtube?

and, wouldn't you know. after i wrote my last post i checked online for the norwegian interview, and hey, it's up now - and much better than the danish interview it is too (not difficult):

NRK Nett-TV - hastighetsmåling

Yes, shame, but I couldn't download it from the website. It wasn't really an interview, more a short report about U2 shooting the video in Fez, and a couple of questions were asked, but only Edge and Larry appeared in the interview, and Edge said they plan to come to Vienna in 2010 :)pray:).

Hey, thanks for the link! :)

yeah it's true all those countries are doing a lot against poverty, but he said it each time, as if it was ONLY that country (Denmark in Danish interview, Sweden in Swedish interview, etc). I just think he was sucking up a bit too much to whatever country he was being interviewed by. but maybe it's exactly that skill he has, to make whoever he's talking to seem like the most important person in the world, what makes him brilliant at what he does.

Oh yes, I forgot about Sweden ... they did so many interviews recently :doh:

But it's true that Holland and the Scandinavian countries are really leading the fight against poverty, at least right now, so Bono isn't wrong about that.

Hmm, the Austrian interview was posted in the news thread, but I'm afraid it isn't online any more, since news on demand are only online for a week on our national tv website.

^ Yes, exactly, that's who Bono is. He's good at political messages. And it's not sucking up, more encouraging them to keep up the good work. Why, because he actually really cares about these issues.

Back
Top Bottom