U2 Official Chicago lithograph - PHOTO NOT TAKEN IN CHICAGO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EdgeFest

Refugee
OK, I am mad.

Because I am such an Edge fashion connoisseur, I have uncovered a fraud!!!

I was so excited to get the Chicago lithograph because it was my very first show. However, the picture WAS NOT TAKEN IN CHICAGO AT ALL , let alone night one or two, and I have proof.

Here's the pic from the lithograph (click for a bigger version):

756761592_VrZRN-X2.jpg

Note Edge's pants. Not the paint splattered variety but the ones with the "stuff' on the knees. These first surfaced in, I believe, Atlanta in October if I remember correctly.

Here is a picture of what Edge wore during Chicago 1 - I took it myself and there is no mistaking which night this was. Note the paint splattered jeans and especially the non-plaid shirt he wore a lot in Europe and at the beginning of the North American leg.

710706870_MQTK6-XL.jpg

Chicago 2 I was even closer, and it's the same jeans, and this is the night he wore the plaid.

710971417_guerE-XL.jpg

I am seriously ticked off.

My special lithograph isn't really that special to me anymore. :(

No, I haven't yet. I don't know what they're going to say anyway - return it? It's so pretty, I don't want to return it either but I do want it to be from my first show. I don't know what to do!!!

So U2.com are now liars on top of being slow and lacking proofreading skills? Awesome.

Hey, I guess it could have been worse - they could have sent you a picture of a U2 tribute band. :wink:

No, I haven't yet. I don't know what they're going to say anyway - return it? It's so pretty, I don't want to return it either but I do want it to be from my first show. I don't know what to do!!!

Well, Atlanta was my first U2 show ever . . . .

I'm kidding! I'd be so pissed I'd be yelling at anyone I could get hold of!

That is pretty ridiculous. I cant believe they couldn't find one decent picture from the appropriate show? I mean, I'm sure you could find a great one right here from our members.

Side note: Lets not poke fun at the tribute bands. Especially ones that are members here. I am not in the mood for angry pm's.

that's atlanta. you can see the first letters of the falcons logo in their distinctive font on the right side of the image.

that's so unbelievably shitty of them.

:doh:

We should start a fail list on U2.com. They fucked up SO many times over the past years.

This is so messed up. Even if there's nothing they can do, you should email them if anything to unmask the total shadiness of what they're doing by trying to pass this lithograph off as Chicago.

As far as I'm concerned, this is an all time low for U2.com.

This is so messed up. Even if there's nothing they can do, you should email them if anything to unmask the total shadiness of what they're doing by trying to pass this lithograph off as Chicago.

As far as I'm concerned, this is an all time low for U2.com.

I don't think it's shadiness.

It is true that they have sold that lithograph as one show when the photo is from another. This was probably a mistake and not a case of trying to fool anyone.

I think it is fair to point the true date of the show to them. Or at least to point out what date that it isn't. But it might not be as fair to make the leap that they did this on purpose.

I don't think it's shadiness.

It is true that they have sold that lithograph as one show when the photo is from another. This was probably a mistake and not a case of trying to fool anyone.

I think it is fair to point the true date of the show to them. Or at least to point out what date that it isn't. But it might not be as fair to make the leap that they did this on purpose.

Sorry, but the more I think of it the more pissed off I get, and I didn't even buy one. If it wasn't done on purpose, (i.e. knowing the picture was from another show), then it is a case of total incompetance.

Either way, it's shady as far as I'm concerned. I have every intention of writing not only to u2.com, but to Live Nation and Principal mgmt., letting them know how utterly incompetant the staff in charge of their merchandising are. Let's see if they come clean and recognize their error and more importantly correct it on their website.

It would have been very easy to sell that lithograph without including any date, just a generic u2360 photo, it was someone's decision to name the artist and date on the description either knowing it was false or not.

And just to be clear, I don't think u2 have anything to do with this, I think it's the imbeciles that work at Fanfire (i.e. Live Nation) that are responsible. It amazes me how this company can stay in business.

Sorry, but the more I think of it the more pissed off I get, and I didn't even buy one. If it wasn't done on purpose, (i.e. knowing the picture was from another show), then it is a case of total incompetance.

It's U2.com we're talking about here. They are a case of total incompetence.

ANd I'm going to make that list. Anyone having a U2.com fail to add, please let me know. :)

Back
Top Bottom