U2 in Q magazine July 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought Bono looked good on the front of this magazine. Why do mean spirited people call him fat when he isn't?

Thank you for sharing!! though it kind of makes me sad to read this, knowing they didn't get to go. Still, great pictures and articles. :up:

That's why I didn't want to get it. But Bono said that they will go next year. They all wanted to go but it's better to allow his back to heal properly then to rush the healing process and end in an even worst state like what happened before. Unfortunately David Beckham had to miss out on what would have been his last WC after he injured himself at the beginning of this year.

In witch interview did Bono state that? Don't worry this might be my memory failing.
But I can't recall that.

There's been some talk on Zootopia that U2 might play Glasto next year but there's been no official announcement from U2 to confirm or deny this speculation as yet! :shrug:
My girlfriend said that they were speculating about Glasto 2011 on Radio 1, too. They alledged that U2 have kept the date free. :shrug:

Great scans! Btw...am I the only one that cringed at that "still more potent than is legal" quote on the cover? :rolleyes: I wonder who said that? It sounds like one of Bono's line. lol!

There's been some talk on Zootopia that U2 might play Glasto next year but there's been no official announcement from U2 to confirm or deny this speculation as yet! :shrug:

Glastonbury do not announce any acts until the festival is at least effectively (mostly) sold out. U2 were announced comparatively early last year. Other headliners were not named till months later - possibly named U2 early due to either genuine excitement on their part, or awareness that they could not keep that one under wraps for long. But they will absolutely not confirm (only perhaps deny) U2's involvement until after it is well and truly sold out. And when it comes to U2, I would think that they would quickly hose out any speculation or leaks or hints or whatever as well. To the point of even flat out lying.

Glasto is between 150-200K tickets sold. Honestly, for what would be a one off gig (only UK date in a couple of years), U2 could do that on their own. For such a special gig, fans would jet in from all over the globe. It would be an absolute disaster for the festival if it were swamped with U2 fans. Truly.

There is a real risk that will happen anyway in 2011 anyway, with people taking a punt on their inclusion. So I do think that if they are 110% ruled out, we will see Glastonbury make that absolutely clear at some point before tickets go on sale, to make absolutely sure that a U2 fan rush does not occur.

At the moment though, neither Glastonbury or U2 have done that. They've both been a bit vague about it. The only on the record comments are the band (Edge) saying they would still love to do it at some point, and Michael Eavis (runs the festival) saying that they'd love to have them back, but both have said they're not sure when it will be possible. However, he (Eavis) has also said that the 2011 headliners have already been locked in, and that they include two bands who have headlined before, and one female artist who has not. Saying it's two bands that have headlined before suggests not U2, but it could be playing with words - technically U2 have been headliners before, if only scheduled headliners. And I think it's a bit weird to be saying "not sure when, not sure if its 2011 or 2013 or some other time" when you do know the 2011 headliners - and U2 are, to state the obvious, only headliners. All a bit too vague given that they would have known at least about 2011 when making those statements.

Tickets will likely go on sale at some point in October. If you hear nothing absolutely ruling U2 out before then, I would think it's highly likely game on. There is a gap in the schedule - larger than this years Glasto gap - and you'd think U2 would prefer to do it while they are in full live/touring mode rather than as a complete one off (which a 2013 appearance could well be). Also, possible new album early next year and no other UK/Euro gigs to push it.

^ What's the point of spending all that money just for the pleasure of experiencing a really uncomfortable weekend in a muddy field listening to music which 85% of the time I don't like and without a proper nights sleep. I have a tough time sleeping anyway and my bed is very comfortable. I am too old for this shit. I'd rather watch it on TV.

I find these music megazines very dull nowadays. Thank you for posting these scans. The pictures are great and I really don't want to offend the OP but reading what little was actually written in the edition it makes me glad that I never bought it. Why do I care what some critic thinks of U2's concert DVD or what band Niel Tennant thinks will make a better performance at Glastonbury?

I'd rather read megazines that challenge me a bit such as The Economist, Scientific Mind or The New Scientist.

I find these music megazines very dull nowadays. Thank you for posting these scans. The pictures are great and I really don't want to offend the OP but reading what little was actually written in the edition it makes me glad that I never bought it. Why do I care what some critic thinks of U2's concert DVD or what band Niel Tennant thinks will make a better performance at Glastonbury?

I'd rather read megazines that challenge me a bit such as The Economist, Scientific Mind or The New Scientist.

You're totally entitled to your opinion, I only buy music magazines nowadays if it has something about U2, in them otherwise I can't be bothered. And I'm not that concerned about any reviews or other peoples opinions about U2 either and I buy them mainly if there's an actual interview with U2, for the photos of U2 and oh the funny captions! :wink:

^ What's the point of spending all that money just for the pleasure of experiencing a really uncomfortable weekend in a muddy field listening to music which 85% of the time I don't like and without a proper nights sleep. I have a tough time sleeping anyway and my bed is very comfortable. I am too old for this shit. I'd rather watch it on TV.

Cos Glastonbury is the best music festival in the world, I went this year and it was absolutely amazing, an atmosphere amongst everyone that you could not equal at any other similar event.

Fingers crossed for U2 playing next year.

Back
Top Bottom