U2 in OCT `08 "Q" magazine / re: New Album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd love if that were true Edge_O! But as far as I know video of that song has never been seen. If you have it, you'll be a star! :ohmy:

And Lobe I was going to ask where you might have read it. I've never seen anywhere that anyone knew the answer to that mystery, just a lot of speculation. :hmm:

Well, I AM a star! My mommy said so!

I will have to look around when I get home. I am not saying 100%. Memory can be tricky thing - but I 'think' that I have it. I will check and let ya know.

:giggle: you are a star either way yes.

Really tho, it has not been seen on Interference to my knowledge, please prove my knowledge wrong though..

you'd then be a supahstah!!!!! :wink:

Well, I AM a star! My mommy said so!

I will have to look around when I get home. I am not saying 100%. Memory can be tricky thing - but I 'think' that I have it. I will check and let ya know.

You'd be mah supah stah stah if you have it! :hyper:

Yepper, that there IS a Fender Precision bass.

He's got a nice looking 1960's burgundy mist Jazz, seen in the U2.com studio video bits. Not seen it before. Perhaps a new aquisition?

:love: then that must be the elusive studio Pbass he uses! I've read about it in interviews but never actually seen the bass!

:D thanks for the pic!

:love: then that must be the elusive studio Pbass he uses! I've read about it in interviews but never actually seen the bass!

:D thanks for the pic!

That is 'possible' but remember that Adam's had his 1972/1973 since the early days. SO if he's mentioned a Precision in interviews might be the tobacco 1972/1973.

(he's called it by both vintages in various interviews)

0d8b8877.jpg

8d33cd04.jpg

6gmazpl-1.jpg

466258639bx.jpg

I'd love if that were true Edge_O! But as far as I know video of that song has never been seen. If you have it, you'll be a star! :ohmy:

And Lobe I was going to ask where you might have read it. I've never seen anywhere that anyone knew the answer to that mystery, just a lot of speculation. :hmm:

Sorry, I can't remember where I read it... (my memory is quite a mess nowadays...) but I'm pretty sure I read it somewhere...

I'm not 100% sure, of course...

(I already have the other unreleased videos, but I've never seen anywhere the "I fall down" video...)

Thanks Lobe. It would be interesting to know for sure why it doesn't seem to exist. My guess was that there had been a problem recording the video during the song and the weather issue could very well be the reason. I also have the other vids as well, and IFD being one of my favorite October songs, I had always hoped to see it on the DVD someday.
<--- I had a sekrit message to U2 in my location spot there for most of this year I think, asking them not to forget to include it :D I'm sure they read my message, so I guess that means it just doesn't exist. :wink:

The new songs sound so :drool: btw... But in that article they say it's going to be out around Christmas though?? what's with the ever-changing release times?? :confused:

I hope the 8 minute song has a looooong Edge guitar intro or outro! :drool:
Like beach clip no. 1, that one sounds amazing.

The longer the better.
Only thing is, it won't be played on the radio, but so what?

:angry: 8 min long songs!!!! NOOOOOOO :banghead:

"BAD" is 6:09 on 'The Unforgettable Fire'. "BAD" is 7:59 on 'Wide Awake In America'.

That said, I hear the live, 7:59 minute WAIA version of "BAD" on various radio station in Los Angeles, quite often.

If you can say what you have to say in one word fine. If it takes 10 words, do it. If you can say what you need in a 5.5min song, great. But if it takes 8 mins, and it's a GOOD 8 mins then so-be-it.

"Mercy", the version floating out in the 'internets' since early 2005, is 6:32. And it is a great 6:32, in my view.

Q-OCT_2008-Page_155-1.jpg

Love to know something about the new album...8 minutes long...:huh: Let´s wait and listen!!
BTW...thanks for the :drool: pics of Adam!!!

Back
Top Bottom