U2 in Berlin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

last unicorn

Blue Crack Addict
U2 will perform at tonight's ECHO award schow in O2 world in Berlin. The ECHO is the German equivalent of the Grammy and the Brit Award and is given every year to German and international music artists.

German TV station ARD will broadcast the event live on television and also provides a live stream on its website:

DasErste.de - ECHO 2009

The show starts at 8.15 p. m. CET, U2 are rumoured to open the show with Get on your boots, but it hasn't been confirmed yet.

All four of them have arrived in Berlin this morning. Bono was the first to arrive, he met with German chancellor Angela Merkel before joining the rest of the band for rehearsals at the O2 world in Berlin.

No pictures yet, but I'll keep my eyes open.

Here's the BERLIN WELCOMES U2 and album promo at the Berlin O2 arena:

YouTube - MOV01611

unfortunately, I can't record it, but you bet I'll be glued to the tv lol :D can't wait. that welcome video on the o2 arena looks great!

second time in a month that the boys are in berlin. first edge and adam, now the whole band.. I wish I lived a little closer to berlin (6hs drive).

second time in a month that the boys are in berlin. first edge and adam, now the whole band.. I wish I lived a little closer to berlin (6hs drive).

Me, too. :sad: Well, at least they are back in Germany! I'll try to record it, but I can't promise anything! (Don't know, which file type the recording will be and if I can work it all out ;))

I think I'm going to miss it because I'll be gone. I hope it gets recorded! Thanks to anyone who tries.

They've already been interviewed on German TV!

I don't think they'll do the red carpet. I'll watch when it starts, I have to finish the piece of writing I'm doing write now, but it's so hard to concentrate on work. :|

LU, am I right that this is broadcasted on ARD1? There's football on right now on there, but on the text pages it says The Echo's are from 20.15-22.45, so that would mean that it's on that channel right?

It's 25 minutes from now.

They're showing footage from the red carpet now!

But it's purple!! :ohmy:

Lionell Ritchie just passed by.

U2 won't be here, they'll be backstage.

Depeche mode! :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom