U2 frontman Bono slated for 'war criminal' support by bandmate Larry Mullen Jr

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
By the way, scans are now up of the Q article and just as I suspected it is a lot less dramatic than it has been painted in the news stories. They of course left out the statements that show how much Larry admires Bono's work. I see no reason to think there is any true danger to their relationship. Sounds like fighting over music is much more likely to be a problem.

Dana

looks like the media in general have the way of making big fuss about nothing. I suppose I wouldn't have paid too much attention to this part of Larry's interview had I read the article not knowing about the whole "launching an attack on the singer" thing (is this sentence in English...? :hmm:)

fighting over the music, on the other hand, yeah... that might be a problem. also, I got the impression that Larry may be a bit tired being in the band. or maybe I'm just reading to much into this.

looks like the media in general have the way of making big fuss about nothing. I suppose I wouldn't have paid too much attention to this part of Larry's interview had I read the article not knowing about the whole "launching an attack on the singer" thing (is this sentence in English...? :hmm:)

fighting over the music, on the other hand, yeah... that might be a problem. also, I got the impression that Larry may be a bit tired being in the band. or maybe I'm just reading to much into this.

No, more like because he is focused on his family he doesn't spend as much time with them outside of the studio so they don't get to air out their differences outside of work. I think it sounds more like he kind of misses the hanging out part but that is something he sacrifices to spend more time with family. The guys probably get to spend more time together when they are on tour than when they are balancing studio with family. Hopefully they'll do like they did before Vertigo and the four of them go off somewhere to rehearse and get a chance to work out the kinks.

Dana

Back
Top Bottom