U2 frontman Bono slated for 'war criminal' support by bandmate Larry Mullen Jr

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If Larry and Adam were disposable they would have been dumped before the original record deal was signed as they had plenty of offers that would have involved dumping one or more of the members and they turned them all down.

I believe there was a talk of sacking Larry at some point. I don't remember whose suggestion it was - some record executive or someone like that. and yet, the band stayed together...
I love, respect and admire Larry but I know that he's not the best drummer in the world (as he has said himself on numerous occasions). I'm sure Egde, Adam and Bono could find a better drummer if they wished to. I'm sure Larry, Edge and Bono could find a better bass player. they didn't. so it looks to me Adam and Larry are not disposable. at least not to their band-mates.

That "eyeliner" might have a different explanation in view of this article now.

I believe there was a talk of sacking Larry at some point. I don't remember whose suggestion it was - some record executive or someone like that. and yet, the band stayed together...
I love, respect and admire Larry but I know that he's not the best drummer in the world (as he has said himself on numerous occasions). I'm sure Egde, Adam and Bono could find a better drummer if they wished to. I'm sure Larry, Edge and Bono could find a better bass player. they didn't. so it looks to me Adam and Larry are not disposable. at least not to their band-mates.

They have all said numerous times that none of them is the best _____ (singer, drummer, guitar / bass player), but it is the chemistry they have when they come together that makes them great. Thank goodness they are not stupid enough to care what other people's opinions of what they "should" do are.

They have all said numerous times that none of them is the best _____ (singer, drummer, guitar / bass player), but it is the chemistry they have when they come together that makes them great. Thank goodness they are not stupid enough to care what other people's opinions of what they "should" do are.

I totally agree, U2 are Larry, Adam, The Edge and Bono, none of them are disposable, and U2 is greater than any of them alone.

Ok if they all did solo albums after this new U2 album

Bono would make one called Save the World - 5 genius tracks and 5 boring ones about Africa

The Edge would make a modern day classic

Larry would make some instrumental Mogwai type stuff

Adam Clayton - who knows? but i wouldnt expect a classic

Ok if they all did solo albums after this new U2 album

Bono would make one called Save the World - 5 genius tracks and 5 boring ones about Africa

The Edge would make a modern day classic

Larry would make some instrumental Mogwai type stuff

Adam Clayton - who knows? but i wouldnt expect a classic

Modern-day classic? Like Captive?

Totally agree :up:

Larry has it sorted - he gets the same ££ as the others!

I dont like this policy - If the edge writes the tunes he deserves more cash

I cant believe Coldplay do an even split as well - the other 3 must be laughing as they could walk down the street and no one knows who they are, whereas Chris Martin 'hates' being recognised and gives his cash away as well - what an idiot

Chris Martin doesn't 'hate' being recognised! He's done pretty well out of Coldplay. Poor Chris!

You shouldn't believe everything you read you know :lmao:

I totally agree, U2 are Larry, Adam, The Edge and Bono, none of them are disposable, and U2 is greater than any of them alone.

Exactly :applaud: And as Larry says in the latest Q, he doean't have much time these days for the social side (what with family) so sometimes tensions in the studios don't get sorted down the pub :wink:

U2's Bono!

. . .and that other guy. The hot one. Whatshisname.

:rolleyes:

One time a student, who fancies himself a music trivia guru said to me "Ms.G, you're a big fan of U2 but do you know all the band members' names?"

I responded, "Um, my 2 year old son knows all 4 band members' names!"

:rolleyes:

One time a student, who fancies himself a music trivia guru said to me "Ms.G, you're a big fan of U2 but do you know all the band members' names?"

I responded, "Um, my 2 year old son knows all 4 band members' names!"

I don't know which is worse - not introducing him at all, or introducing him as "Adam Clayton" :doh: :down:

You know for the longest time I wasn't sure whether there were 4 or 5 of 'em. :der:

I knew who Bono was because he irritated the hell out of me. :)

I thought Larry (the good-looking one) was called The Edge which I thought was a bit silly because it's not a name, grammatically, like calling yourself 'A plate' or something. :rolleyes:

I kind of justabout knew who Adam was because of Naomi Campbell (she put him on the map :sexywink:)

This was before I saw the light of course. :lol:

U2's Bono!

. . .and that other guy. The hot one. Whatshisname.

wasn't Larry also introduced as Adam at one point? and by Kurt Loder? badly done, Kurt, badly done... :angry:

EDIT (about 15 seconds later): I haven't noticed that this was already covered. sorry...

wasn't Larry also introduced as Adam at one point? and by Kurt Loder? badly done, Kurt, badly done... :angry:

I think the best one was the MTV idiot who asked cardboard Adam a question! The band were all looking at each other and snickering and the other MTV host had a look of total disbelief on his face and then the guy realized he was talking to a cardboard cut out. :applaud:

Dana

I think the best one was the MTV idiot who asked cardboard Adam a question! The band were all looking at each other and snickering and the other MTV host had a look of total disbelief on his face and then the guy realized he was talking to a cardboard cut out. :applaud:

Dana

Classic!

Probably over-worked, under-nourished, not getting enough sleep and possibly drunk and on drugs as well.

You know these MTV hosts. But that is funny! :lol:

By the way, scans are now up of the Q article and just as I suspected it is a lot less dramatic than it has been painted in the news stories. They of course left out the statements that show how much Larry admires Bono's work. I see no reason to think there is any true danger to their relationship. Sounds like fighting over music is much more likely to be a problem.

Dana

Back
Top Bottom