U2 at the Oscars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And he sounds amazing. It's kind of like he dropped the slick political shilling and is just appearing as his own charmingly awkward and overeager self. For some reason he reminds me more of his interviews from the 80s here than of anything he's done in the past 15 or 20 years. Anyone else notice this?

Know what else I think? I think U2 likes female journalists. They often seem to be more relaxed and expressive and have a better rapport with them, imo.

I really like this interview. Bono seems so relaxed, haven't seen him like that in quite a while.

BTW- anyone knows if there will be live online stream from the ceremony tonight? I would like to watch it.

The reason why he's so relaxed in this interview is because Bono and Amanda Brunker have known each other all their lives, they went to school together in Dublin and know each other quite well, so it's more like a private chat than an official interview. They behave like old pals. It's refreshing to see because it gives you a rare glimpse into the way Bono behaves when he's with private friends, which is certainly not the way he behaves when he's giving an interview to some journalist.

Yeah, one can see they know each other very well and are close friends... I remember seeing them together a couple of times before.
But they couldn't go to school together, could they? I mean, Bono is over 10 years older than Amanda.

Hmmm, that may be a point, but I remember reading somewhere that she was a school mate of his. A couple of years ago there were reports about one of her book presentations and Bono was present and talked about them knowing each other since childhood. But maybe she just grew up in the neighborhood and they didn't go to school together, since she's so much younger than him.

She may have just grown up down the street from him and their 2 families knew each other. Maybe she had older siblings that Bono knew, or maybe their parents were friends or something. Either way, that really was a great interview. She needs to conduct all band interviews in the future, and Bono needs to be slightly drunk in all of them!

Bono86thAnnualAcademyAwardsArrivals3-2-2014leonardodicaprio18.jpg~original

Bono86thAnnualAcademyAwardsArrivals3-2-2014leonardodicaprio19.jpg~original

Bono86thAnnualAcademyAwardsArrivals3-2-2014leonardodicaprio20.jpg~original

Bono86thAnnualAcademyAwardsArrivals3-2-2014leonardodicaprio21.jpg~original

Bono86thAnnualAcademyAwardsArrivals3-2-2014leonardodicaprio22.jpg~original

Bono86thAnnualAcademyAwardsArrivals3-2-2014leonardodicaprio17.jpg~original

Bono86thAnnualAcademyAwardsArrivals3-2-2014leonardodicaprio16.jpg~original

Bono86thAnnualAcademyAwardsArrivals3-2-2014leonardodicaprio12.jpg~original

Bono86thAnnualAcademyAwardsArrivals3-2-2014leonardodicaprio13.jpg~original

Bono86thAnnualAcademyAwardsArrivals3-2-2014leonardodicaprio14.jpg~original

Bono86thAnnualAcademyAwardsArrivals3-2-2014leonardodicaprio15.jpg~original

Bono86thAnnualAcademyAwardsArrivals3-2-2014leonardodicaprio11.jpg~original