U2 are nominated in the 2008 MTV Europe Awards.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bella88

War Child
U2 are nominated in the 2008 MTV Europe Awards. Here's the competition and here's how you vote.

Nominated in the 'Best Act Ever' category, the band are up against a diverse list of acts who we can safely say have never been in the same category before: Green Day, Tokio Hotel, Christina Aguilera, Britney Spears... and Rick Astley.

u2 com
Vote :: Vote Now :: MTV Europe Music Awards 2008 :: 06.11.08 :: Liverpool, UK

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! :wave: I voted here at college and will vote again when I get back to my student and again when I go to my parents house this weekend!! :D

I honestly don't see how the pole makers could throw Tokio Hotel into this catergory!? :shrug: I mean I've nothing against them, but they've only been on the music scene for about 5 minutes compared to U2! :| And what Rick Astley?! He's hardly in U2s leage at all!! :huh:

I have to agree with LU this particular "category" sounds like an in joke! :der:

I doubt they'll get this, because the MTV generation will probably think Britney is the "best act ever".

There are a lot of people who would deserve to be on such a list, but THIS list is a joke.

And Rick Astley WTF?!?!? Does anyone here even remember this guy?

It's because of the Rick Roll'd meme that is already old of date, but MTV try to be hip to the jive when it comes to the kids.

So I don't know why U2 are nominated!

If this doesn't prove once again MTV sucks, I don't know what does.
Rick Astley for the win.

For those who don't know why he's nominated, google Rickroll. :wink:

This is a warning. Do not click this link if you're in a hurry, this contains a rickroll.

www.smouch.net/lol/

Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down, never gonna run around and desert you... :whistle:

Rick Astley, come on!!! Wasn't he big in Europe? Once?

Yes, I agree, interesting selection of artists...

I guess Tokio hotel will win the prize although its riddiculous But they have just thousands of teenagefans and they are always voting like crazy for them

I suspect this means that they will be performing and will win (isn't that the way it works?).

I'd love it they would play something as good as when the did 'Mofo' back in 97.. :drool:

This is such a bad joke! I had never, ever thought I would see U2 competing with...Brittney Spears!!!!
No words. Of course MTV isn't a music television anymore, they only have this kind of fake reality shows all day long, what can we expect from them?

MTV is a total waste of time..as is VH-1. It's all crappy reality shows now. I remember when MTV didn't have VJ's and showed music movies and videos.

When I had more cable programs than today I had some VH-1 channels and they were really great, showing music videos, concerts, older clips ... now I only have MTV and it sucks so much I cannot even watch it without getting upset, I always try to skip it. What does the "M" in MTV stand for today? I remember a time when there was actually great music on MTV, but that is long long ago.

BONO GIVES PAL MTV GONG
He's heading home and will pick up the biggest gong going at tonight's MTV Awards.
But who is a big enough star to present an Ultimate Legend Award to Sir Paul McCartney in Liverpool?
Show organisers have done Macca, and themselves, proud as we can reveal MTV bosses have flown in U2's Bono for the hand-over.
Let's hope when the old chums get together they recreate their 2005 show-stopping Live 8 version of Sgt Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band.
A source said: "Channel chiefs have been in a massive quandary as to who to present the award to Liverpool's most famous son.
"It is a first ever for MTV Europe to create a gong like this. It's a one-off."
A show insider tells us: "One thing's for sure, Macca will certainly be bringing his guitar. It will be a flying visit but he's not likely to come all the way to Liverpool without strumming us a song.
"Bono and him get on like a house on fire, and their presence will be the talk of the night."

Macca my day - mirror.co.uk

I'll watch it, the show starts in an hour, at 9 CET.

I HOPE Bono will really be there, can't wait to see him.

I also hope I don't have to put up with too many awful performances and "stars". :doh:

yay. going to watch right now! I checked all the mtv's in the US and none of them are showing it live.

Back
Top Bottom