U2 are nominated in the 2008 MTV Europe Awards.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That exactly sounded harsh. Calling a guy a sheep. And the whole sheep word in particular is a bit of a sensitive thing here in PLEBA. But it might be me but I've always learned to respect other people, and especially if they've done something for others. Calling someone a sheep is a sign of disrespect. While I am not a beatles fan, I do acknowledge that they're legends for loads of people. And I respect that. It's like calling Bono a sheep.
Then again, he's no sheep, he's a soddin' mountain goat.

I don't think anyone SHOULD acknowledge their importance. As long as people respect it when others do acknowledge that. That's all.
And a little less hyperboles from Bono wouldn't hurt either.

:lol::lol:

Quite right! :up:

I don't think anyone should aknowledge their importance either!

:sexywink:

Every time I read this site, I get a strong impulse to say something in Paul McCartney's defense. You see, he's kind of part of me...how I feel about music today.

I have posted this before, and apologize to those who have suffered through it already, but I can't think of a better way to share with others what Paul and the other Beatles meant (and still do) to their fans.

identity theory | nonfiction | if i should die before i wake by valerie nielsen

HE'S PART OF YOU?????!!!!!!!!!

Oooh er.....less said about that the better.

:wink:

Excuse me but why is comparing someone to a sheep a sensitive subject here? That's ridiculous. I can think of things that are FAR worse than the sheep-comparison, and I've seen people on this forum make much more unflattering comments about other musicians, and yes, also about U2.

To me, McCartney always looked more than a dog than a sheep.

Seriously, I think the Beatles discussion is out of place here. Some like them more, some less. Since I'm not a huge fan of Macca, the exaggerated ass-kissing by Bono was a little hard to take. But I guess it was very good for Paul's ego.

Excuse me but why is comparing someone to a sheep a sensitive subject here? That's ridiculous. I can think of things that are FAR worse than the sheep-comparison, and I've seen people on this forum make much more unflattering comments about other musicians, and yes, also about U2.

To me, McCartney always looked more than a dog than a sheep.

Seriously, I think the Beatles discussion is out of place here. Some like them more, some less. Since I'm not a huge fan of Macca, the exaggerated ass-kissing by Bono was a little hard to take. But I guess it was very good for Paul's ego.

Bono could give a master-class in :censored:licking! And he loves it when whoever it is returns the favour and smooches his own nether regions. It's just something they enjoying doing. Taking in it turns.

It's so endearing and so typically Bono! Ahhh! :cute:

I was counting sheep yesterday evening because I couldn't fall asleep.

Does anyone else here find it incredibly hard to count sheep while trying to fall asleep?

I mean you have to concentrate so much on the fu***ng sheep that it becomes impossible to fall asleep.

I'm so bad with numbers, I always have to go back and start again.

And while counting, strangely, there is always the odd black sheep mingling with the white ones.

And sometimes the sheep are grinning, it's eerie.

And sometimes they are screaming.

Oh no, wait, that's Silence of the Lambs.

:huh:

I was counting sheep yesterday evening because I couldn't fall asleep.

Does anyone else here find it incredibly hard to count sheep while trying to fall asleep?

I mean you have to concentrate so much on the fu***ng sheep that it becomes impossible to fall asleep.

I'm so bad with numbers, I always have to go back and start again.

And while counting, strangely, there is always the odd black sheep mingling with the white ones.

And sometimes the sheep are grinning, it's eerie.

And sometimes they are screaming.

Oh no, wait, that's Silence of the Lambs.

:huh:

:lmao:

Yourrrr thilly!

(And a bit scarey too :sexywink:)

For flocks sake John! you are talking to yourself now! That bump on the head must have done you in :sexywink:

BTW A2A meets Top Gear BBC1 Friday night

Did anyone ever see that Mr Bean episode where he can't sleep so he gets this huge poster of a flock of sheep. There are loads of them and he tries to count but keeps losing his place and starting over. Then he has an idea. He gets a calculator, and counts how many sheep in the row across, and how many in the column down, and then multiplies it in the calculator. And when he sees the answer, he goes "Ah" and falls unconscious immediately!!

:lmao:

Back
Top Bottom