U2 and Gavin Friday's 50th Birthday Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
3992158173_9370652123_b.jpg

3992157963_6e7c8acf73_b.jpg

Maybe she meant the model of his shades :wink:

Ofcourse I ment those:sexywink:
No its just I always called him Gucci before Bono dedicated 11 Oçlock tic toc to him. And heard that it was actually Guggi , But I still call him Gucci sometime's :doh::lol:
I find him adorable, and I like his paintings allot.

Why do people have a problem with Courtney Love being there?

Her music, when she can be bothered to produce any, is surely closer to Gavin Friday's style than the sacharine, bland, faux-trad, inconsequential, chart friendly stuff the Corrs used to inflict on us.

Let's face it, the Corr woman was only there because she is an Irish singer that knows Bono, I doubt if she has anything in common with the Lypton Village/Virgin Prunes ethic and would probably be shocked if she looked at any footage of Virgin Prunes performances.

I don't have any problem with anyone being there myself, but there were some questions about who invited her and it was just kind of funny because Gavin Friday said in an interview that she was not invited, but invited herself.

I think she actually looked good that night, when compared to how she's been looking recently.

Andrea Corr has been a close friend of Bono and Gavin for many many years, that's why she was there. Just because the Corrs make different music, that doesn't mean that she doesn't like the music of bands like The Virgin Prunes.

Her music, when she can be bothered to produce any, is surely closer to Gavin Friday's style than the sacharine, bland, faux-trad, inconsequential, chart friendly stuff the Corrs used to inflict on us.

Let's face it, the Corr woman was only there because she is an Irish singer that knows Bono, I doubt if she has anything in common with the Lypton Village/Virgin Prunes ethic and would probably be shocked if she looked at any footage of Virgin Prunes performances.

Not sure that people have a problem, she was kind of strange and although her pictures look like she was singing she mostly was not. She said in her introduction that she was not invited and that she insisted she be there because of how much she loved the Virgen Prunes. She mostly just hung on Gavin...

The Corr woman is close friends with all of the boys, and she sings :wink:

you are right that courtney's music is closer to gavin's roots. the problem i had with her at the gig was she was being a stage hog and she nearly ruined jean genie by trying to be the star of it. "step back, please" was all i could think while i watched her. but she claims to be a fan of the virgin prunes from way back and she probably isn't lying.

as for andrea corr, while i am not a fan of her music, she definitely belonged there. she is a friend of gavin's. whether she was into the virgin prunes is irrelevant. andrea sang a song that night called "time enough for tears" that gavin, bono and maurice seezer wrote and which andrea recorded for the soundtrack to the movie "in america." she has collaborated with gavin way more in the past than courtney has.

:love:

Come the revolution when I'm dictator, the Corrs are first up against the wall....

Back
Top Bottom