True or false?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

layza

War Child
Well I was thinking in a question that I have but I did not know were to post so I creat this thread for question that we have about then, or one in especificaly about their life and music.....

Well I begun asking this:

Once I read that Adam told that when the band began he was the only one who smokeked and that now he is the only one who not smokes.
Is this true?

Bono seen smoking within the last week. Larry seen smoking within the last tour. Not sure when Edge has last been seen smoking, most pics of him smoking are AB era. Of course a picture of them smoking here or there doesn't mean they are heavy smokers... so really who knows.

The quote, I think, is from McGuinness, saying something along the lines that when the band started, he and Adam were the only ones that smoked, and now (then, as of about '05 when U2 by U2 was written) they are the only ones that don't.

Can't be one hundo on whether that's still the case today, but Bono still smokes stogies at least.

Well I was thinking in a question that I have but I did not know were to post so I creat this thread for question that we have about then, or one in especificaly about their life and music.....

Well I begun asking this:

Once I read that Adam told that when the band began he was the only one who smokeked and that now he is the only one who not smokes.
Is this true?

I think that it's in U2 by U2. But in it I think it was McGuiness that stated that when the band started, only he and Adam smoked and the other picked it up later. Last I heard Larry & Edge still smoke. Bono has been trying to quit. I hope that each of them do quit. Dangerous habit.

This article is from 2007 and talks about Larry smoking:

Men at Work - Q Magazine, January 2007
Larry Mullen Jr is his usual laconic self, surreptitiously hiding his fag behind his back between puffs. Force of habit, he explains, as his 11-year-old is always telling him off for smoking at home.
:shame: Listen to your kids, Larry! They want you to be around for their own kids.

First Bono's kids scolded him for smoking, now Larry's. Would that their daddies listened...

Adam: I am proud of you

Larry, Edge, Bono: I am NOT proud of you

On second thought: I AM REALY NOT PROUD OF YOU BONO!

I was in the 7th grade and I saw you smoking when my Dad was taking me back from work AND YOU BROKE MY HEART!

You confused my 13 year old self you @#^%@!

^This ladies, is a true story​

I volunteer to help Bono quit. I quit cold turkey almost two years ago. I can be his support system.:sexywink:

I still think the best mode of action would be to stick a smoking patch on him, whether he wants it or not. There could be a PLEBA task force appointed for this mission. :whistle:

Back
Top Bottom