They're Back! 360 Tour 2010 Photos 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
2010360degreestour20100.jpg

I know It is just me but I LOL'd on this one!:lol:

THank you for all the GREAT pics Andreia and everone else! :wave:

I thought it was just really bizarre angle of his leg propped up on the rail of the bridge, but I guess it's that with a towel draped over the oddly-angled leg, yes?

:hmm: The German news site oe24.at claims Bono was given an injection before the show to make him fit to play (“Und dabei musste er heute für das Wien-Konzert extra fitgespritzt werden!” –translates to “and it had to be specially fit-squirted today for the Vienna concert” via Apple’s Dashboard Translator). U2start.com commented: “Great show [...] Bono just didn’t look good at the end.”

I guess we will just have to wait for official confirmation of any lingering problems with Bono`s back.

However, as someone who has had orthopaedic surgery (not spinal) it would not be surprising that Bono is suffering a bit now after getting soaked in Moscow and then colder weather in Vienna. Changes in weather always seem to cause problems and aches and pains but it doesn`t mean anything serious is wrong.

I hadn't read that report before the show, but I have heard similar stories coming out of the Moscow show. But yes, when I saw B on stage in Vienna it was clear for me that he had some kind of problems, especially during the first half of the show. He tried to hide it but he seemed to be exhausted and in pain during several parts of the show and between songs. I hadn't expected this because he seemed to be very fit at the other two shows I had seen before, so I was kind of surprised and also a bit concerned. However, it seemed to get better when the concert moved on and Bono appeared to be more energetic and in better spirits, although he could hardly bend down to take his jacket before Moment of Surrender.

It's the rain and the cold that has been getting to him. He was soaked in Moscow and he was visibly freezing on stage in Vienna. We've had very cold and windy, but dry weather on concert day and it was even colder and raining all day today and I'm sick with a sore throat today. It's making me a bit angry when people are saying rain is good for the concert and that it doesn't affect the band, that's bullshit. Bono is sensitive, coming out of such an injury and surgery, his body is still weak and it's easy for him to catch a cold. When you're dealing with back issues or similar problems, you become more sensitive to weather changes and especially to cold and humidity. I just hope he gets the therapy he needs and some rest and I'm sure they'll have good and warm weather when performing in Athens and Istanbul.

I think there's a big difference between people joking around that they hope it rains because it makes for awesome pictures, and people actually hoping it rains for the whole show.

That's my take on the comments in the threads, anyway. If anyone here actually thinks the latter, well ....... that's a paddlin'.

jasper.jpg

I think there's a big difference between people joking around that they hope it rains because it makes for awesome pictures, and people actually hoping it rains for the whole show.

That's my take on the comments in the threads, anyway. If anyone here actually thinks the latter, well ....... that's a paddlin'.

Yeah, the pictures from Moscow are hot, but it's indeed not funny standing in the cold and pouring rain for hours and it certainly isn't funny to perform under these conditions for the band, especially when you're having health issues like Bono does.

Thank God everyone stayed dry yesterday, the chilly winds were bad enough.

Argh, it's too hard to quote these on my phone. Beautiful pictures...not just beautiful subjects, but really well taken pictures :up:

I think the first one quoted on this page is my favorite :love: He looks like an aaangel :cute:

And I really hope Bono is doing ok...I thought that he was all better :( Hopefully it's nothing too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom