The Unforgettable Fire Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rhiannon64

War Child
In the '80's I worked in a record store where the assistant manager was a HUGE U2 fan. She was constantly playing the U2 collection which at that time was just Boy, October and War. I remember buying War in '83 and being very aware of their music. (I was a huge Bowie fan:heart:). They were still a 'cult' band at the time getting a lot of their airplay on college radio. I recall seeing U2 at the US festival on MTV. It was the first time I had seen anyone climb stage scaffolding! And of course there was Live at Red Rocks. It wasn't until the Unforgettable Fire was released that I understood the passion my assistant manager had for the music and the band. I remember hearing Pride for the first time. It was so uplifting and joyful. After seeing the Unforgettable Fire Documentary I realized there was something more to this band than just great music.

I recently found some magazines and a scrapbook with photos that I had collected during that time. Not sure if these were posted before. I apologize if some of them are duplicates. I thought I would share it with you since I know if anyone would appreciate them it's all of you on this fansite. Please feel free to share TUF photos and/or any recollections.

So...Welcome to the Unforgettable Fire!

6trPgLll.jpg

nF9f3BZl.jpg

6BmKa6Gl.jpg

rNqRlgQl.jpg

v4wQlM1l.jpg

dZz9UXdl.jpg

DUSm5V0l.jpg

tyVQFXOl.jpg

5Y2vP4Cl.jpg

vysta4Jl.jpg

And one of my favorites:

bkQVy2il.jpg

they were taking some questionable promo shots during this time
qGAxPi8.jpg

1DFrbEv.jpg

I just read in U2 by U2 today, "We really weren't doing ourselves any favors. No sense of style at all." Lucky thing they were so great despite the cheeseball photos.

Yay for this thread! Thanks, Rhiannon64.

And you're totally right about Adam- could be one of his best periods.

I don't even know what to call long haired tuf Adam.. A telenovela actor? Or maybe one of those guys used on the covers cheesy novels. He looked super hot with the short hair and some beard though. One of the best Adam eras :drool:

In the '80's I worked in a record store where the assistant manager was a HUGE U2 fan. She was constantly playing the U2 collection which at that time was just Boy, October and War. I remember buying War in '83 and being very aware of their music. (I was a huge Bowie fan:heart:). They were still a 'cult' band at the time getting a lot of their airplay on college radio. I recall seeing U2 at the US festival on MTV. It was the first time I had seen anyone climb stage scaffolding! And of course there was Live at Red Rocks. It wasn't until the Unforgettable Fire was released that I understood the passion my assistant manager had for the music and the band. I remember hearing Pride for the first time. It was so uplifting and joyful. After seeing the Unforgettable Fire Documentary I realized there was something more to this band than just great music.

I recently found some magazines and a scrapbook with photos that I had collected during that time. Not sure if these were posted before. I apologize if some of them are duplicates. I thought I would share it with you since I know if anyone would appreciate them it's all of you on this fansite. Please feel free to share TUF photos and/or any recollections.

So...Welcome to the Unforgettable Fire!

6trPgLll.jpg

nF9f3BZl.jpg

6BmKa6Gl.jpg

rNqRlgQl.jpg

v4wQlM1l.jpg

dZz9UXdl.jpg

DUSm5V0l.jpg

tyVQFXOl.jpg

5Y2vP4Cl.jpg

vysta4Jl.jpg

this was THE era for me. not only the music but also the images :up: