The (RED) Thread - Discuss Products Only! (#2) - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > PLEBA
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 05:06 PM   #1
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:11 AM
The (RED) Thread - Discuss Products Only! (#2)

Lets start over here:

New T's at Gap.com!!!!

Old 12-18-2007, 05:18 PM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 01:11 AM
Re: The (RED) Thread - Discuss Products Only! (#2)

Quote:
Originally posted by JCOSTER
Lets start over here:

New T's at Gap.com!!!!
FANTASIC!

Old 12-19-2007, 12:29 AM   #3
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 09:11 PM
Isn't this the (RED) thread #3 or 4 now I think? Doesn't matter tho

(RED)

Actually I just checked and this is actually our 6th RED thread!

But it is only the 2nd "Discuss products only" version
Old 12-20-2007, 08:19 PM   #4
Babyface

Local Time: 05:11 AM
Hi, this is bn from the (RED) team! I just wanted to drop in and let you guys know that we've read some of your posts here, and want to thank you for your support!

We noticed that some of you have experienced difficulty buying your (PRODUCT) RED items at Hallmark. Because Hallmark has so many independent retailers, the products are located differently in every store. We've found that if you ask where the (PRODUCT) RED items are, the salespeople will walk you right to it. If your local store isn't stocked with (PRODUCT) RED items that you'd like to purchase, you can talk to the store management about it and encourage them to support (RED).

And of course, look forward to seeing many more Hallmark (PRODUCT) RED products in the coming year! As Hallmark gets into the swing of things, you'll see (RED) much more prominently in the stores.

If you have any questions, feel free to email me at info@joinred.com.

Thanks again, and happy holidays.

bn
Old 12-20-2007, 08:25 PM   #5
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:11 AM
Thank you so very much!!!
Old 12-20-2007, 09:32 PM   #6
Daisy

Local Time: 10:11 PM
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but I went to the Gap and found those White red bracelets, like the one Bono wore in that video blog. They had them on clearance on the counter for 49 cents each!!!
Old 12-20-2007, 09:57 PM   #7
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 09:11 PM
Thanks for the Hallmark info bnred. I'm looking forward to new (RED) items from Hallmark and hopefully more and different types of retailers in the future. All my gifts will be wrapped in (RED) this year, and many of the gifts inside are (RED) as well. I'm a fan
Old 12-20-2007, 09:58 PM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by bnred
Hi, this is bn from the (RED) team! I just wanted to drop in and let you guys know that we've read some of your posts here, and want to thank you for your support!

We noticed that some of you have experienced difficulty buying your (PRODUCT) RED items at Hallmark. Because Hallmark has so many independent retailers, the products are located differently in every store. We've found that if you ask where the (PRODUCT) RED items are, the salespeople will walk you right to it. If your local store isn't stocked with (PRODUCT) RED items that you'd like to purchase, you can talk to the store management about it and encourage them to support (RED).

And of course, look forward to seeing many more Hallmark (PRODUCT) RED products in the coming year! As Hallmark gets into the swing of things, you'll see (RED) much more prominently in the stores.

If you have any questions, feel free to email me at info@joinred.com.

Thanks again, and happy holidays.

bn

bn, thanks for choosing to enter this forum and the (RED) thread. You will find that (RED) has a lot of friends here.

As bonocomet said above, this is about the fourth or fifth thread about (RED) here in PLEBA which shows that our support of (RED) is one of the things which unites us.

You have always been welcomed here and always will be. Thanks again, bn.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, here is my (RED) update:

This past weekend I went on my last shopping trip before the Holidays and I was pleased by what I found in the stores that I went to.

My neighborhood Hallmark store had a nice display of their (RED) cards, wrapping paper and mudcloth bags. (my favorites)

I bought another box of (RED) cards and another roll of (RED) wrapping paper.

At the GAP, I found some necklaces on sale for $7.99 apiece so I bought two to give away as presents.

I also found the leather bracelets that used to sell for $10 on clearance for only $0.49 apiece!

I found this to be an inc(red)ible bargain so I got 10 of them in red and white leather to give out to others as introductory presents to the world of (RED).

I just couldn't pass them up for that price!

No more shopping for me for awhile now - I have a trip in February to pay for. (smile)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Please continue your support of (RED) in support of the Global Fund!

(www.theglobalfund.org)
Old 12-21-2007, 02:20 AM   #9
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:11 AM
bnred, thank you for the info on (RED). Since I live in central Europe, it's almost impossible for me to get those products. I went to an Armani store in Italy once, that's the only time I saw (RED) products. We don't have GAP here, but I'll check out some of the (RED) stuff on Gap com over the holidays, maybe someone will be able to get some stuff for me and send it to me. I would love to have the new wristbands.
Old 12-21-2007, 02:55 AM   #10
dju
The Fly

Local Time: 12:11 PM
do u have any wallpaper for (red)thing for my Pc..like do the (red) thing...anyone?
Old 12-21-2007, 03:17 AM   #11
Blue Crack Supplier

I have to remember to actually go into a Hallmark store when i pass one to look at he (RED) products there!

Actually I'm not quite sure i actaully pass a HM on my most traveled routes...but I'll have to remember to look for one, cause I forgot (RED) had stuff in there.
thanks for the reminder!
Old 12-21-2007, 05:38 AM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by dju
do u have any wallpaper for (red)thing for my Pc..like do the (red) thing...anyone?
hey dju, I know that i've posted this before in a (RED) thread but it's been awhile so - here's an answer to your question.

Click on the link below to find (RED)'s Community Toolkit which came out almost a year ago to help grassroots people like you and me to SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT (RED)!

http://www.joinred.com/toolkit/

There you can find the MOST BEAUTIFUL wallpaper for your pc ever - and Bono is not even on it.

This is the picture that I chose to be the wallpaper for my pc when I first saw it months ago and I will never change it, I love it that much.

We ARE the People that we've been waiting for. (if we don't change the world - who will?)

Thank you for your continued support of (RED) in support of the Global Fund. (www.theglobalfund.org)

Old 12-21-2007, 09:11 AM   #13
The Fly

I work at a smaller Hallmark store in Virginia and we are planning to have (RED) products on on front wall after the Ornaments come down. Most Hallmarks will probably put up the same wall.

The product came in yesterday and I got to rifle through the boxes to pick what I wanted!
Old 12-21-2007, 10:55 AM   #14
Acrobat

Local Time: 06:11 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by last unicorn
bnred, thank you for the info on (RED). Since I live in central Europe, it's almost impossible for me to get those products. I went to an Armani store in Italy once, that's the only time I saw (RED) products. We don't have GAP here, but I'll check out some of the (RED) stuff on Gap com over the holidays, maybe someone will be able to get some stuff for me and send it to me. I would love to have the new wristbands.
hi last unicorn.
Yes, it's such a shame that they don't sell the RED stuff over here! The new GAP clothes look so great - I want a new shirt
I always complain about the fact that they don't sell most of the stuff in central Europe on the "myspace RED homepage", but they never post my comments!
Old 12-21-2007, 11:00 AM   #15
dju
The Fly

Local Time: 12:11 PM
thank you so much Jamila...)
Old 12-21-2007, 10:05 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

You're very welcomed, dju.

Also, (RED) has recently come out with its (RED) Report which documents the TREMENDOUS growth and acceptance of PRODUCT(RED) around the world in the last two years.

It is a twenty-five page report which succinctly and beautifully describes exactly what (RED) is all about.
It is definitely worth your time to read.

Here is the link to the report:

http://www.joinred.com/report/

Be re-inspi(red).
Old 12-22-2007, 06:33 PM   #17
New Yorker

^
I just have 2 say, Jamila.... U have been a beacon of light 4 the RED initiative on this site since its inception, and have been vital in many members here continuing 2 "shop with their Hearts" even when some had begun 2 think it was a passing fad. Thank U, beautiful.
Old 12-22-2007, 09:28 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:11 PM
Has anyone seen the (RED) rose bouquets on the Hallmark website? I was so disappointed when I found out they couldn't be delivered internationally They're a gorgeous idea anyway. Anyone who has a chance should take advantage and send them to someone special.

By the way, has anyone seen the (RED) holidays goodies at the Hallmark stores in Canada? I'm going out looking for them tomorrow :lastminute:
Old 12-23-2007, 10:31 AM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by The Disciple
^
I just have 2 say, Jamila.... U have been a beacon of light 4 the RED initiative on this site since its inception, and have been vital in many members here continuing 2 "shop with their Hearts" even when some had begun 2 think it was a passing fad. Thank U, beautiful.

I just saw this post and I want to say "Thank You" to The Disciple for the very kind words. I appreciate them more than anyone could know.

I'm glad if people have found something of merit in the words and posts that I do - especially if those posts re-inspire others to support the organizations in our movement that are striving to make extreme poverty history.

That has always been the main focus in my life and the main reason why I post on U2 fansites. I am simply trying to help bridge the two worlds which mean the most to me - Africa and (U2's) music - to encourage others to speak up for the right of every person to live like a human in our world.

I have mentioned several times to the People of (RED) just how motivated people here are to continue to support and spread the word about (RED).

Now that there has been direct contact with bn, let's all work together in this thread to show (RED) and ourselves just how united we can be.

I think that would truly be a Holiday Blessing.

Old 12-24-2007, 06:45 PM   #20
Val
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Picked up three bracelets as gifts, and a necklace for myself. We're all so blessed.You know what I mean...

Merry Christmas to all!

Closed Thread

Tags
(red), red