The Endless Edge Chat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jeevey

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Here's a place for generalized chat around all things Edge. Everything from chat about particular songs, clothes, family, interviews, random personal stuff, favorite images, videos or updates- if it's Edge chat, it belongs here.

I'll start with my big hope from the new tour after the music: more of this, Edge sans dye job. Lord knows he doesn't need it.

Anybody know what the item on the right is?

Also, trying out a gif I made a little while ago. I'm new to gifs so let me know if it doesn't run properly.

I've heard from people who have met Bono that he really is super intense, a huge little bundle of charisma and presence. Are there folks who have met Edge, and what was he like?

I met Edge in Pittsburgh on 360. Met Bono as well. Edge was actually really sweet. Got a great handshake and a smile from him as he signed my AB cd sleeve, and I remember him talking to Mr CK for a moment while he signed NLOTH for him. But I can't remember a THING as to what they said! I was too busy focusing on Bono since he was right behind him in the "line" so to speak.

And of course, my Bono meeting is the stuff of near-legend now. Not only did I tell him about expecting Lil'Miss (who was just baby #2 then), he reached through the metal security barrier and rubbed the wee baby bump. And then while he was signing AB for me, he actually took it out of my hands and turned it to sign himself on the inner sleeve. And made a joke about Ad' wanting a little one for some time. Hence Lil'Miss FroBaby getting her nickname.

Here's my FB photos from that little meet & greet, for the curious.
https://www.facebook.com/autumn.joh....146682935410499.38411.100002063815272&type=3

I'll post a few favorites here in a sec.

284577_146683325410460_1660128_n.jpg

I met Edge in Pittsburgh on 360. Met Bono as well. Edge was actually really sweet. Got a great handshake and a smile from him as he signed my AB cd sleeve, and I remember him talking to Mr CK for a moment while he signed NLOTH for him. But I can't remember a THING as to what they said! I was too busy focusing on Bono since he was right behind him in the "line" so to speak.

And of course, my Bono meeting is the stuff of near-legend now. Not only did I tell him about expecting Lil'Miss (who was just baby #2 then), he reached through the metal security barrier and rubbed the wee baby bump. And then while he was signing AB for me, he actually took it out of my hands and turned it to sign himself on the inner sleeve. And made a joke about Ad' wanting a little one for some time. Hence Lil'Miss FroBaby getting her nickname.

CK~ That is such a great story and memory! Thank you for sharing it! I love to hear stories like this.

Anyone have the interview? I don't think I've seen this.

Here. U2tvHQ -1989- LOVETOWN TOUR (Special TV) LIVE SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA - YouTube It's mostly a live performance from a TV special they did in Australia during Lovetown, with just little teeny bits of interview cut in. I really wish there was more of the interview bits available because the interviewer, Alanna Hill, keeps asking all of these wildly inappropriate questions and has all their heads rather turned around. In about fifteen minutes, Babyface! Definitely there were some naughty thoughts going on. There's more than one gif still to be made from that thing.

Oh lord I haven't seen the full thing in probably 5 years! :lol:

This is going to be primetime night viewing one of these nights! :love:

CK~ That is such a great story and memory! Thank you for sharing it! I love to hear stories like this.

And it only took me TWO TOURS and FOUR SHOWS to do it! Now to get my hands *ahem* on the rhythm section!

He has a different smile when he's posing with friends instead of being cool for the press. It's really sweet.

And... the guitar god setup. I wonder if he felt silly or awesome the first time he saw footage of himself in this staging?

Back
Top Bottom