The Edge's Influence On This 15-Year Old

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jn1977

Babyface
I brought my 14-year old nephew with me for 2 nights in Anaheim Angels Stadium to watch U2 in their 360 Tour. My nephew is an aspiring guitar player, and most kids his age look up to fast players who can play a million notes a minute. My nephew was more interested in Edge's unique sound and was really blown away by the tone and texture of Edge's guitar in the live setting. After attending this concert, he upgraded his guitar rack (he got a Les Paul) and he got picks identical to what Edge uses live.

To cut a long story short, it is cool to see at least one kid (he is already 15 now) to be influenced by The Edge. Since night two of Anaheim was the first night The Fly debuted in 360, he also tried his own interpretation of The Fly.

Check this and let me know your thoughts:

U2 The Fly Guitar Cover by 15 year old! - YouTube

He also did his take on Beautiful Day here:

U2 Beautiful Day Guitar Cover by 15 year old! - YouTube

Please pardon the mistakes - he is only 15 years old, and each video was done in one take. Hope you all enjoy!

Tell him to keep doing it! :applaud:

I certainly will. He also did a few other songs but they are taking forever to upload.

Any particular songs you want to request or hear him do? Or something that would be good to play for someone who wants to be closer to The Edge?

Thank you so much. Some requests for Out of Control. We will try to do that when he is not so busy with school.

He was also recently very happy because one of the two shows he watched was immortalized on film in youtube - Anaheim night 2. It is a multicam mix by youtube user u2anaheim2011 or something like that. It was the tour debut of The Fly. It's always special to have the show you watch found in video and a very well edited job. Try to search that user.

Check my youtube also for more videos of my nephew doing U2 songs.

Back
Top Bottom