The Edge: It Might Get Loud

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow thanks everyone for all the new photos. And solacevip :ohmy: thanks for sharing your story, photos and video. That is so cool.

Wow, Edge is super-goregous in these pictures. :love: Thanks for posting!

And solacevip, thank you for sharing your story. Can you tell us what the two new song titles were that you saw in the credits?

001-jje-6.jpg

I :heart: this picture!

One of the songs is "Get on Your Boots". The other song is in the credits, but I totally forget what the second title is.

awesome pictures, everyone :hyper: really wanna see that one, but I doubt it's going to be released here anyhwere near me. so waiting for the dvd it is, I guess.

Mark that was a great story! :up:

I just got back from the Sunday screening. I'm kind of surprised I didn't see anyone I know from the GTA group!

Today the movie was introduced by the guy who programs the documentaries. He apologized and said that Edge, Jimmie Page and Jack White would not be there because, "Well, they ARE rock stars, and they've left! But even if they were here, I doubt they'd come to a movie at 10:00am!"

I myself had a hard time getting to the movie because I came home last night in the wee hours three sheets to the wind after attending a MASSIVE Greek wedding. I am still headachey, but at least not hung over. :yawn:

Anyway...I ADORED the movie and never wanted it to end! I am going to want to see it a few more times methinks. You guys are going to LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!!

:love: :heart: :edge: :drool: :combust: :faint:

I am completely re-inspired and SO ready for the next tour!

I won't get into TOO much detail so you can enjoy it for yourselves, but my personal fave bits were:

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

Obviously everthing the Edge did in this movie was his usual adorable and brilliant self. It is SO GREAT just having a movie about HIM!!!

At last I got to see inside Mt. Temple school and the very place where Larry put up the note. The mind boggles at how many lives were changed that day. I also loved watching him teach the others how to play I Will Follow, and the expression on his face while he was watching Jimmie Page play Whole Lotta Love....it was priceless. He just looks so excited - his expression is not far from the expression WE have when we watch him!

Speaking of expressions, I LOVED the bit where Jimmie Page is going through his record collection (with his glasses on!) playing these old tracks and grinning from ear to ear, as if he were hearing them for the first time at age 16. Really inspiring stuff.

When Edge is standing there playing the 4 track of Streets, yet AGAIN I get chills, especially when it segues into the live show. I actually got teary eyed. It might just be fatigue from the late night, but possibly not. It really doesn't seem to matter how much I listen to that song, I always get the same reaction! Even SBS, which I am kind of sick to death of, had me re-pumped.

He makes a very typically dry and funny comment at the end when he's standing outside, but I won't spoil that one for you. :cute:

END SPOILERS

I came out of the movie just feeling so profoundly privileged to be alive right now and appreciating U2 while they are in their prime. All through my teens I was depressed that I had missed out on the Beatles, but then I discoverd U2 and that has more than made up for it! 21 years later I am just as thrilled as I was the first day I clapped eyes on them.

I also enjoyed learning more about Jack White. I have never really been anything more than generally aware of the White Stripes (not sure why that is) but I think I am going to get into them in a bigger way. I wonder why the director chose Jack White out of all the guitarists in the world who are active today? Is he considered the greatest or the most creative guitarist of his generation? (I honestly have no clue, I'm just curious). Anyway, I was very impressed, and he's not bad on the eyes either! Johnnie Depp could definitely play him in a movie. :hmm:

All in all a fascinating movie and a MUST SEE!!!! :up: :up:

Thanks for your story too. I cannot wait to see this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was hoping people weren't going to say things like well this movie is ok I guess, even though I would of still gone to see it anyway, but with the positive reviews from both of you so far I'm extra excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper:
I just hope it plays near me.

Oh thanks. Was the second title something Edge or any other U2 member has mentioned before or something totally new?

You know I was detailing all of the songs shown in the credits. My ears would perk up when I would see or hear a new riff that Edge was playing. As the song titles were scrolling I saw "Get On Your Boots". There was definitely another song title as well in the credits. I was so excited to see them come up on the stage that I totally forgot the 2nd title. I should have written it down. I'll ask my peeps and see what they say.

Based on U2 new album information from @U2

I was trying to think what title it could be. I honestly can't remember as the titles on atu2 don't seem to match. I'm gonna ask my U2 peeps and see if they can jog my memory.

Oh thanks. Was the second title something Edge or any other U2 member has mentioned before or something totally new?

Ok...figured it out....thanks Sam B.

It was Corpse (These Chains are Way Too Long) from the Passengers album. So....my bad...not a new song.

:doh:

Mark that was a great story! :up:

Today the movie was introduced by the guy who programs the documentaries. He apologized and said that Edge, Jimmie Page and Jack White would not be there because, "Well, they ARE rock stars, and they've left! But even if they were here, I doubt they'd come to a movie at 10:00am!"

I myself had a hard time getting to the movie because I came home last night in the wee hours three sheets to the wind after attending a MASSIVE Greek wedding. I am still headachey, but at least not hung over. :yawn:

Anyway...I ADORED the movie and never wanted it to end! I am going to want to see it a few more times methinks. You guys are going to LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am completely re-inspired and SO ready for the next tour!

I won't get into TOO much detail so you can enjoy it for yourselves, but my personal fave bits were:

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

Obviously everthing the Edge did in this movie was his usual adorable and brilliant self. It is SO GREAT just having a movie about HIM!!!

At last I got to see inside Mt. Temple school and the very place where Larry put up the note. The mind boggles at how many lives were changed that day. I also loved watching him teach the others how to play I Will Follow, and the expression on his face while he was watching Jimmie Page play Whole Lotta Love....it was priceless. He just looks so excited - his expression is not far from the expression WE have when we watch him!

Speaking of expressions, I LOVED the bit where Jimmie Page is going through his record collection (with his glasses on!) playing these old tracks and grinning from ear to ear, as if he were hearing them for the first time at age 16. Really inspiring stuff.

When Edge is standing there playing the 4 track of Streets, yet AGAIN I get chills, especially when it segues into the live show. I actually got teary eyed. It might just be fatigue from the late night, but possibly not. It really doesn't seem to matter how much I listen to that song, I always get the same reaction! Even SBS, which I am kind of sick to death of, had me re-pumped.

He makes a very typically dry and funny comment at the end when he's standing outside, but I won't spoil that one for you. :cute:

END SPOILERS

I came out of the movie just feeling so profoundly privileged to be alive right now and appreciating U2 while they are in their prime. All through my teens I was depressed that I had missed out on the Beatles, but then I discoverd U2 and that has more than made up for it! 21 years later I am just as thrilled as I was the first day I clapped eyes on them.

I also enjoyed learning more about Jack White. I have never really been anything more than generally aware of the White Stripes (not sure why that is) but I think I am going to get into them in a bigger way. I wonder why the director chose Jack White out of all the guitarists in the world who are active today? Is he considered the greatest or the most creative guitarist of his generation? (I honestly have no clue, I'm just curious). Anyway, I was very impressed, and he's not bad on the eyes either! Johnnie Depp could definitely play him in a movie. :hmm:

All in all a fascinating movie and a MUST SEE!!!! :up: :up:

Greek weddings are :hyper:

Anyway now I can't wait to see this movie, your review is quite enticing!

Back
Top Bottom