The Boom Boom Room (Yes, it's Bono's Thread)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonocomet

Blue Crack Distributor
:bono: chat
:bono: pics
:bono: stuff
old :bono:
new :bono:
everything :bono:

Do it here. :bono:

disco-bono-hips-comet.gif~original

partypinchykafrun.gif~original

Adding a few recentish pics... Bono in summer style. He'll return to album and tour mode with a makeover, but he always wears these clothes in the summer for the last few years. :cute: It's his comfy clothes.

Aug. 16
JulianLennonfrenchDJMichaelCanitrotBonoJimmyZMonaco8-16-20131.jpg~original

Aug. 9
bonofondationmaeghtvenceFrance8-9-2013cr.jpg~original

bonopaulbanksfondationmaeghtvenceFrance8-9-2013cr.jpg~original

Aug. 5
BonoAug5montecarlo.jpg~original

Aug. 2
michaelboltonjimmyzPhillipPleinSummerParty2August2013.jpg~original

Aug. 1
bononilerodgerschicNuitsDuSudFestivalvencefrance8-1-201325.jpg~original

July 4
BonoLarry7-4-2013StTropez46.jpg~original

He polished up nicely sometimes too. :sexywink:

July 27
LoveBallhostedbyNataliaVodianovaNakedHeartFoundationOperaGarnier7-27-2013Monaco1.jpg~original

July 16
CommandeurdelOrdredesArtsetLettresCommanderintheOrderofArtsandLettersParisJuly16201310.jpg~original

CommandeurdelOrdredesArtsetLettresCommanderintheOrderofArtsandLettersParisJuly16201341.jpg~original

Wow, there are some gems in here, Comet. I love the bearded ones from what, like 85 or so, and Bono getting a ticket is too funny. Plus a major win on MsPurrl's post too, of course. :wink: And this is my favorite of the recent ones.

Can't wait for the tour makeover- that will be fun!

Also I'm moving over this quote from the Eno thread that got bumped today.

Well, he has an enormous ego, but so do most of the people I like. [laughs] And also a big ego isn't necessarily a bad thing. A big ego means that you have some confidence in your abilities, really, and that you're prepared to take the risk of trying them out. I really don't think he's arrogant. That's a different thing. In fact, he's absolutely, to me, the opposite of arrogant. He's very, very able, more able than almost anybody I know, to take criticism and do something with it. He just doesn't get upset. He doesn't take it as an attack on him if you say, oh, this doesn't work at all, it's really pathetic, actually. So it's possible to be very frank with him and know there's not some cowering insecurity inside him that is going to mean his feelings get hurt. His ego allows him to be humble, if you see what I mean. People who are very confident in themselves aren't hurt by criticism. They make use of it. I think he's very good at that.

That's one thing that I really love about U2- that they are totally able to take criticism and transform it to make them better. I like that they've never placed the blame on the audience for not getting them. At the time of Pop they could have just been like, "You Americans just don't get it; we're going to flounce back to Europe and be deep and ironic all by ourselves." But they didn't. They said things like "We were out of touch, we failed to connnect." In that way I really love the huge ego, the lack of cowering insecurity.

Also I'm moving over this quote from the Eno thread that got bumped today.

That's one thing that I really love about U2- that they are totally able to take criticism and transform it to make them better. I like that they've never placed the blame on the audience for not getting them. At the time of Pop they could have just been like, "You Americans just don't get it; we're going to flounce back to Europe and be deep and ironic all by ourselves." But they didn't. They said things like "We were out of touch, we failed to connnect." In that way I really love the huge ego, the lack of cowering insecurity.

Love that too. :up: Thanks for posting.

From the Window in the Skies video shoot. (Thanks to OnlyU2 at the @u2 forum for posting this one!)

bonowindowintheskies.jpg~original

Does anyone know the video where Bono' singing in his dressing room. And two people are outside of it talking? I tried finding it but I can't. There was a part I wanted to GIF. Also. Does anyone know who's talking outside of the dressing room. I've always assumed it was his Bodyguards or assistants/keepers.:reject:

Awesome thread! I do love all the photos (especially the ones from TUF and AUAA) and the new gif.

And what Bono appreciation thread would be complete without the Elvis Squirrel video?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qqKsw8czVg This video always makes me smile. I love his sense of wonder over the "loads and loads of little squirrels." Pure joy!

Does anyone know the video where Bono' singing in his dressing room. And two people are outside of it talking? I tried finding it but I can't. There was a part I wanted to GIF. Also. Does anyone know who's talking outside of the dressing room. I've always assumed it was his Bodyguards or assistants/keepers.:reject:

Yes, it is his bodyguards, Brian, and the former John Sampson. Here's the video. I freaking love this video. Bono is so sexy in it, and Kylie so cute. :drool: + :cute: = :love:

Kylie Minogue, Bono /U2/ - Kids /live/, Showgirl Homecoming Tour, Sydney 12.11.2006 - YouTube

Bonocomet :hug: Thank you to infinity and beyond for bringing it to life.
Such beauty here!!!!!!!!! another name for this thread: RAPTURE :drool:

The inauguration pics are one of my all time favorites, and Ohhhhhhhmyyyyyyyy....
this kitty is purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring. I will say no more about THAT.
Looking forward to living.. i mean LURKING here whenever possible!!!!!!!!

Bonocomet :hug: Thank you to infinity and beyond for bringing it to life.
Such beauty here!!!!!!!!! another name for this thread: RAPTURE :drool:

The inauguration pics are one of my all time favorites, and Ohhhhhhhmyyyyyyyy....
this kitty is purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring. I will say no more about THAT.
Looking forward to living.. i mean LURKING here whenever possible!!!!!!!!

YOUUUUUuuuu!! :love: I was about to message you to alert you to this room's existence. :D I gotta run now but will get back to you later today. :sexywink:

Back
Top Bottom