the all new PLEDA thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
...so here's a pic with Paul for the thread

airportU2bw.jpg

All very nice :up: The Clapton strat is especially cool looking.

I like the Line 6 accoustic with the silver finish. Love the sound he gets from those.

edgesparklyguitarsilver.jpg

went a bit OT there :shh:

I've played one like it! I got to play "In God's Country" with The Joshua Tree (LA area U2 tribute band of great note) 2 years back. Chas has a Line 6 Variax 700.

That sparkle finish isn't stock. Edge had it made custom. Chas applied a silver sparkle finish to his Variax 700 - sharp as heck.

:ohmy: When did you play that with them? :hmm: I have seen them play that song.

I played with them in August 2006 - when they played up at Universal City Walk. Nice summer evening. Perfect for a night of U2 tribute fun. I know Chas from the U2 Recording Yahoo Group. He was kind enough to have me out to have a play. Good fun. I'd not played in front of people in a few years... so I was a bit nervous at first... but they made me feel at ease. Great fun. :applaud:

:applaud: that's great. I'd like to see them again. I saw them play in early 2006 (I think) in San Diego. I thought they were a very good U2 tribute band.

(for the PLEDA thread)

u2babiesedgepaulmcbonoadam.jpg

u2RitzNYbackstage1981.jpg

^^^ :ohmy: Does anyone happen to have that video? I think it might be the 60 Minutes episode where we got to hear Original Of The Species ("Everywhere You Go") for the first time, right?

I love "behind the scenes" stuff like this.

I have it. It's from 60 Minutes 2-10-2001. The Mpeg-4 ile is 92.9 MB. I can upload it for you guys. Mega upload ok?

^^^ :ohmy: Does anyone happen to have that video? I think it might be the 60 Minutes episode where we got to hear Original Of The Species ("Everywhere You Go") for the first time, right?

I love "behind the scenes" stuff like this.

From what I remember, the only songs you hear them working on here are Stuck in a Moment and Walk On, so I'm not sure if it's the interview you are talking about. I can still upload this one if anyon'e interested though.

That's probably when the show aired, not sure when the footage was shot though. I am curious about the part that The Edge 89 is talking about though!

Back
Top Bottom