the all new PLEDA thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
another one at a weird angle but I think it's him isn't it?

edgedannylanoisstratocasternatural.jpg

And I have a bootleg of that show too! It was good fun. Edge played and sang with Danny on "Falling at your Feet", "Still Water" (as pictured: Edge playing some slide) and "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For".

KCRW had done an interview w/Lanois that morning and mentioned "guetsts". As Chrisy Turlington was getting married that weekend, Bono was to give her away at said wedding and Bono sang "Falling At Your Feet"on Lanois' "Shine" album... many thought that Bono would be the guest.

When we got inside, I was able to get right up front - mere inches from the stage. I look at the pedalboard for Lanois. Took note of what he was using. Looked to the right where there was a second mic and saw an Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Memory Man delay unit - like Edge used in the early days... with a strip of white tape on it with a four letter name written in Sharpie: EDGE. Almost peed myself.

Handful of songs into the set... Danny's sister got up to sing. She went to the mic on the right. It wasn't on yet. Danny spoke in to his mic: "Can you turn on The Edge's mic?" A hush fell over the crowd. And lo and behold... a few songs later... and a grand friendly introduction by Mr. Lanois... The Edge came out.

I have some more piccies on my computer at home. I will post them later. Lanois always does great shows. Fantastic musician. And a show that also had The Edge come out to play... Golden!

Good times. :applaud:

I think I just edited about 10 times :lol: I need to learn to read!

I'm not sure if it's allowed so maybe you should email it.

vertigo624@sbcglobal.net

thanks! :)

Sure thing! (I owe ya anyway for all your help with the U2byU2 and U2&i photo help - ya gave me. And by the way - thanks again for that.)

I'm uploading it now. I will e-mail you as soon as I've got it ready. (5 more mins or so)

:applaud:

Thanks! I'm off for a bit so I'll look forward to it when I get back. And you're welcome for the pix help. I can always post more if you like since a lot of the old threads photos seem to be gone.

C-ya! :wave:

Got your email, thanks! :drool:

I don't mind posting pics at all, the thread that seemed to be missing the most was the U2 by U2 thread... any certain era or type of pics you want?

Got your email, thanks! :drool:

I don't mind posting pics at all, the thread that seemed to be missing the most was the U2 by U2 thread... any certain era or type of pics you want?

All era's are good. Lovetown thru Pop is a good area to start but like all U2 fans, I want EVERYTHING!

:applaud::wave::hyper::lol:

Whatever you can do is great. Most appreciated.

Did you DL the Daniel Lanois show that I e-mailed you?

All era's are good. Lovetown thru Pop is a good area to start but like all U2 fans, I want EVERYTHING!

:applaud::wave::hyper::lol:

Whatever you can do is great. Most appreciated.

Did you DL the Daniel Lanois show that I e-mailed you?

I did :) I have listened to half the show and I like it. Thanks again!

I'll check that u2 by U2 thread again and try to do some scans from those eras that are not on the thread. You might check some of our picture threads too that focus on those eras :hmm: I'll look for some links.

A few of Danny Lanois and The Edge playing "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" in Los Angeles - June 5, 2003.

(Twenty Years after the Red Rocks show)

Lanois-Edge-06-05-03-2.jpg

Lanois-Edge-06-05-03-3rd.jpg

Lanois-Edge-06-05-03-LA-1jpg.jpg

Lanois-Edge-06-05-03-LA-2jpg.jpg

And this one, posted earlier, of Lanois and Edge playing "Still Water" (a track from Lanois' album, "Acadie")FONT]

Lanois-Edge-06-05-03-StillWater-2.jpg

The drummer, seen in some of the pics, is Brian Blade - one of the coolest, most fantastic and musical drummers that I've ever heard/seen; simply amazing drummer!

:applaud::wave::applaud::wave::up:

Nice pics thanks! :) Now I'm sure Edge has at least a couple :wink: guitars I haven't seen before but that red Les Paul is not looking familiar to me at the moment.

Nice pics thanks! :) Now I'm sure Edge has at least a couple :wink: guitars I haven't seen before but that red Les Paul is not looking familiar to me at the moment.

I think that flame maple orange finish Gibson Les Paul might not be Edge's. It's possible it it Lanois'. But I'm not certain...

DL.jpg

Other options... It also might have been rented/borrowed. But there is also the distinct possibility that it's one that 'lives' at Edge's Malibu home.

*wonders how many guitars Edge actually owns... :ohmy: *

the flame maple orange finish is really nice, very pretty.

*wonders how many guitars Edge actually owns... :ohmy: *

The flame maple orange finish is really nice, very pretty.

How many?

A f@#kload! Hahahaha... keep in mind many of his (Bono, Larry and Adam's) instruments were also irrepairably damaged in the Hanover Quay flood in early 2002 (when U2 were in New Orleans playing the Superbowl).

Did you see that pic that was in "Q" magazine a few months back... of Edge in their storage room...

Edge-Q_Magazine-storage_room-MED.jpg

Looked like nirvana to me... I'd love to spend an afternoon in there playing with their guitars, bass guitar and drums.

I do have that magazine, what a great photo, I was actually looking for it before you posted it! (I think I have it scanned bigger I can post if you like) Wouldn't it be great to browse through his private collection!

Here are a couple more pics with Danny (from Fez) those pics weren't so clear.

edgelanoisbonofez.jpg

edgedannyadambonofez.jpg

lanoisenofez.jpg

So do you have a favorite guitar of Edge's?

I do have that magazine, what a great photo, I was actually looking for it before you posted it! (I think I have it scanned bigger I can post if you like) Wouldn't it be great to browse through his private collection!

So do you have a favorite guitar of Edge's?

It would be AMAZING to go through all of Edge's toys. Wow... pack a lunch... and dinner... and breakfast... and another lunch... as you'd be there a long time. God knows that I would!

What Edge guitar is my favorite? I love a few of them.

One of my favies was The Edge's charcoal finish Clapton Stratocaster.
fen-clapton-strat-pewter-89-43-best.jpg

Edge3.jpg

It looks cool as heck. Sounded cool too. I must have stood staring at that guitar for over an hour, when it was in the 2003-2004 R&R Hall of Fame special exhibit.

Ya gotta love the Explorer. It IS the U2 guitar in many fans eyes and ears...
edgeexploreruf.jpg

...as is Edge's original black Stratocaster.
Fen-1973-Strat-LIveAid-1.jpg

I also love the Gretsch Country Gentleman that Edge used for City of Blinding Lights. [He had another that drowned in the flood that was used for "Please" and "One" and "Do You Feel Loved" during Popmart.]
16867edgered.jpg

All very nice :up: The Clapton strat is especially cool looking.

I like the Line 6 accoustic with the silver finish. Love the sound he gets from those.

edgesparklyguitarsilver.jpg

went a bit OT there :shh:

Back
Top Bottom