The 27 Club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, it is apparent that Eve is keeping a decidely low profile on this, as she isn't in any of the interviews I've seen and the only thing she has done was go to the opening. So while she's not exactly hidden she is out of the promotional loop which seem's odd given her prominence in the trailer. Also, I noticed that none of the journalists have asked or commented about her. I am glad that she is not being pounced on, but at the same time miss not hearing any comments on her performance. I guess that unless the film is picked up for distribution there is no need for her to jump on the press bandwagon and I am glad that the Bono connection is not being used to draw attention to the film. But hopefully if it does get a mainstream release at some point we will get to see her in interviews. What is most interesting to me is how out of norm this is considering the usual behaviour of the press concerning celebrity kids getting into the business. I think it shows the level of respect that Bono commands from the press in general that relatively little attention is being paid to Eve's debut.

Dana

rihannsu said:
Well, it is apparent that Eve is keeping a decidely low profile on this, as she isn't in any of the interviews I've seen and the only thing she has done was go to the opening. So while she's not exactly hidden she is out of the promotional loop which seem's odd given her prominence in the trailer. Also, I noticed that none of the journalists have asked or commented about her. I am glad that she is not being pounced on, but at the same time miss not hearing any comments on her performance. I guess that unless the film is picked up for distribution there is no need for her to jump on the press bandwagon and I am glad that the Bono connection is not being used to draw attention to the film. But hopefully if it does get a mainstream release at some point we will get to see her in interviews. What is most interesting to me is how out of norm this is considering the usual behaviour of the press concerning celebrity kids getting into the business. I think it shows the level of respect that Bono commands from the press in general that relatively little attention is being paid to Eve's debut.

Dana

Nice comments, Dana :up:

I just read an interwiew with Joe Anderson which he says that one of the funny moments on the set was Eve caliing him Grumpy Joe:laugh:

Q: Let’s lighten it up. Any funny moments happen on set?

J: The biggest running joke was that Eve [Hewson] kept referring to me as Grumpy Joe – at the end of the day of doing this stuff, it was hard to crack a smile. Oh and I remember flicking a cigarette out the window of the car and it went straight out, straight back in, and right down my shirt.

The movie's been announced as an official selection at two more film festivals:
It will play at the Seattle Film Festival on June 13th and 14th, and at the Munich Film Festival on June 23rd and 24th. The director, Erica Dunton, has confirmed that she will attend both screenings in Seattle - not sure about Munich.

I hope it is a good sign that this film is being shown at several film festivals that it will be out on universal release soon. I cannot wait to see this film, I really can't.

OMG The pictures of Eve in the purple dress?? Hello! Cover of the "October" album ring a bell? She looks just like Bono did around that age! She has his eyes. Eve is to Bono as Lisa Marie is to Elvis. They couldn't look more alike!

You couldn't be more right! :applaud: Eve is sooooooo "October Bono".

OMG The pictures of Eve in the purple dress?? Hello! Cover of the "October" album ring a bell? She looks just like Bono did around that age! She has his eyes. Eve is to Bono as Lisa Marie is to Elvis. They couldn't look more alike!

Off topic but, look at Lisa Marie's daughter too :ohmy: Strong genes in the Presley family!

And this movie looks so good, I hope it comes out in theaters soon!

Thanks for advising about the new clips. Did anyone note the 3rd clip where a bit was filmed in front of a "One" "Edun" backdrop? Makes me wonder how much or if the Hewsons or their organizations may be supporting this film financially? I don't much care, I just really want to see the film!!!

Back
Top Bottom