The 27 Club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
80880031.jpg

80880039.jpg

Niamh_Saoirse said:

Thanks for all these lovely pictures of Ali and the girls. :dancing:

It's great to see Eve and Jordan upclose again. They are two very lovely young women and I hope that they both can find those things in life that they are passionate about and pursue them.

I 'm very glad that Bono stayed out of the fray of this event. His presence would have overwhelmed this very important moment for his daughter through no fault of his own....and that may not have been good for her.

I had a feeling that it would be Ali & the girls there. Very nice to see Jordan supporting her younger sister's interests. :wink:

Beautiful family - the Hewsons. :love: :hug:

I love all these pics. Ali looks amazingly proud of Eve, and who can blame her? Both girls are really lovely, a credit to their parents. I love how funky Eve is, with her too big shoes and her messy nail polish. She has a style all her own, with a LOT of stuff thrown in from her dad. She is quirky :)

Can't wait to see how the Hewson boys do in years to come.

Mmmm... will I be too old to be looking at them by then?! :ohmy:

Probably, but I still will anyway, :lol:

Carrie Anderson said:
I love how funky Eve is, with her too big shoes and her messy nail polish. She has a style all her own, with a LOT of stuff thrown in from her dad. She is quirky :)

Ya, I remember Bono describing his daughters once like this...
"One is a punk rocker and one is a princess"
We don't have to guess which is which! :)

Both are just stunning. Jordan could be a model, but I bet she is passionate about other things to help our world!

Not that she couldn't be a model with a cause, but it will be interesting to see what direction she takes!

Geez I feel old. :(

u2jesusgirl said:

well, it seems like the second generation of Hewson talent is about to begin. it will be fascinating in a way to see what type of talented individuals two beautiful parents like Ali and Bono have created. Obviously there is talent to spare. :yes:

And wow, does Eve ever have those puppy blue eyes of her daddy. Her resemblance to him is uncanny.

I can't help but notice in the photos how affectionate the girls are with their mom. The way Bono has always shown his affection to Ali in public seems to be something that is carried on in the home, and that it is something shared in the the family in general. It is unbelievably sweet to see. Those kids love their parents obviously and are not afraid to show that affection at an age when most kids try to create a distance between themselves and their parents. Wow, that says a lot!! That's more than any fame and success could ever add up to. They're successful in the things that matter most, their family.

Just another way for Bono and Ali to impress us all over again.

Jeannieco said:

:(

Remember Eve on U2 Go Home- The Slane concert video? She was too cute dancing to Mysterious Ways then and she was only about 10 then, guess she likes the limelight a bit.

Jeannieco said:

Don't we all feel like proud Auntie's and Uncle's?:D

YES!!!!

I don't have children, so I live vicariously through my friends, co-workers and cousins' experiences. And as U2 almost feels like extended family at this point, since I've cared about their music and them for so long, I love seeing them with their families.

Eve and Jordan are beautiful girls. It's also wonderful to see a 16-year-old who is not too cool to show that she loves her mom!

I hope that this is just the beginning of a successful career for this lovely young lady. Congratulations, Eve!

Thanks Kelly for posting the new photos :D

Eve and jordan looking so beautiful :)

Jordan Looks more like her beautiful mum Ali :D

Eve Looks like her dad :D

This is the start of Eve's career :D

The girls are beautiful and so is Ali. I remember when I first saw a picture of Jordan as a teenager I thought she looked amazingly like Angelina Jolie. And both girls have their dad's blue eyes. Beautiful family.

U2FloridaFan said:

Remember Eve on U2 Go Home- The Slane concert video? She was too cute dancing to Mysterious Ways then and she was only about 10 then, guess she likes the limelight a bit.

OMG, I just went to watch that on youtube and I CRIED!

It's true, I feel like Aunty ED!

thankyou said:

well, it seems like the second generation of Hewson talent is about to begin. it will be fascinating in a way to see what type of talented individuals two beautiful parents like Ali and Bono have created. Obviously there is talent to spare. :yes:

And wow, does Eve ever have those puppy blue eyes of her daddy. Her resemblance to him is uncanny.

I can't help but notice in the photos how affectionate the girls are with their mom. The way Bono has always shown his affection to Ali in public seems to be something that is carried on in the home, and that it is something shared in the the family in general. It is unbelievably sweet to see. Those kids love their parents obviously and are not afraid to show that affection at an age when most kids try to create a distance between themselves and their parents. Wow, that says a lot!! That's more than any fame and success could ever add up to. They're successful in the things that matter most, their family.

Just another way for Bono and Ali to impress us all over again.

thankyou, Beautifully stated.
Ali and Bono are great role models

Jeannieco said:

Both are just stunning. Jordan could be a model, but I bet she is passionate about other things to help our world!

Not that she couldn't be a model with a cause, but it will be interesting to see what direction she takes!

Geez I feel old. :(

They both do look stunning. Just beautiful;

Eve the rebel, ha, I do remember a radio interview with Bono back in the days when he said Eve was really really shy (she was 6 at the time). Jordan was not so shy, she recited a poem for president Clinton.
It seems they switched roles now :)

I found a link to said interview, but it does not seem to work for me :(
http://www.u2source.com/2007/07/15/99x-atlanta-on-mothers-day/

Anybody else getting it to work??

Didn't get a chance to go. I was too tired that night.

It is amazing how both girls got Bono's blue eyes. I always thought that genetically brown had predominance. Guess Bono is devoting his attention to the recording studio then.

greety said:

They both do look stunning. Just beautiful;

Eve the rebel, ha, I do remember a radio interview with Bono back in the days when he said Eve was really really shy (she was 6 at the time). Jordan was not so shy, she recited a poem for president Clinton.
It seems they switched roles now :)

I found a link to said interview, but it does not seem to work for me :(
http://www.u2source.com/2007/07/15/99x-atlanta-on-mothers-day/

Anybody else getting it to work??

Oh how cute! :) That must have been precious!

kids and poems, nothing sweeter! :)

This was excellent! I keep saying I don't know if I prefer hearing Bono's singing voice or his speaking voice! Wonderful to listen to this especially as we get closer to Mothers Day.

All about Eve

Out of the spotlig
ht until now, Bono's teenage daughter is about to be a star in her own right. By Richie Taylor

Despite her sheltered upbringing, it was somehow inevitable that Bono's second eldest daughter Eve would follow him into rock and roll. With no publicity, the 17-year-old's debut movie The 27 Club was screened at the prestigious Tribeca Film Festival in New York over the weekend.

While her world-famous dad couldn't make the screening due to prior recording commitments with U2, her mother Ali Hewson was there to accompany Eve on the red carpet at the premiere.

The film is pure rock and roll -- the excessive lifestyle from which Bono and Ali no doubt tried to shelter her as she grew up.

The title -- The 27 Club -- refers to a unique rock and roll club which has gained numerous unlucky members down through the years.

Writer-director Erica Dunton based it loosely on the club which tragic Nirvana singer Kurt Cobain's mum Wendy O'Connor mentioned when her son killed himself a decade ago.

She emotionally declared at the time: "Now he's gone and joined that stupid club. I warned him about it. What a waste."

She was referring to the number of rock stars who have bizarrely died at the age of 27 down through the years.

The first members of the club back in the late 1960s included Brian Jones of the Rolling Stones, guitar god Jimi Hendrix and raunchy West Coast blues wailer Janis Joplin. They all managed to shuffle off this mortal coil -- through a variety of causes -- at the all-too-tender age of 27.

Self-abuse, alcohol, and possibly murder through drowning, were the main reasons for their early departures from Planet Rock.

They were soon followed by the handsome rock icon Jim Morrison of The Doors, who was found dead in the bath of his Paris apartment -- again through excessive behaviour.

But by the time he snuffed it, the once-godlike Jim was bloated and bearded from years of over-indulgence in drink, drugs and debauched sex.

Others in the 27 Club included members of rock bands The Grateful Dead, Canned Heat, a member of Cobain's widow Courtney Love's band Hole, Big Star and The Stooges.

Dunton based the script for the new film on a fictitously famous rock star called Eliot Kerrigan (played by Joe Anderson) who is dealing with the death of his musical partner Tom Wallace (James Fogerty), at the age of 27.

He dodges fans, buys copious amounts of drugs and persuades a grocery clerk, played by David Emrich, to drive him back to his hometown of Joplin, Missouri, to deliver a note from Tom to his strict military father.

En route, they pick up a pretty young Irish hitch-hiker called Stella (played by Eve), who recognises Eliot, but decides to stay quiet about it for the time being.

Their on-the-road adventures continue after Missouri when they make their way to New York City.

Eve is believed to have filmed her parts either last summer or when she was in her school's transition year in the run-up to the summer break.

Bono and Ali have been rigid in the schooling of both her and her older sister Jordan, usually only taking them abroad during school holidays -- although when they were younger they did get some time off to see their dad and his band play important gigs in both America and Europe.

And whenever he is at home, the purposefully down-to-earth Bono makes a point of driving the pair, and their two younger brothers Elijah and John Abraham to their south Dublin school.

What is unique about Eve's debut is the fact that it was kept so quiet. Not a word leaked out that the Killiney-based superstar's beautiful daughter was involved in the making of a rock movie on location in America last year.

In interviews, both Bono and Ali never once mentioned the fact that Eve was embarking on a film career.

Up to now she has been cosseted behind the locked gates of the plush Hewson family home which commands stunning views of Dublin Bay and even has its own beach.

And, unlike Bob Geldof's feisty three daughters, teenagers Eve and Jordan have hardly ever been filmed with their parents and never, ever, out on the town falling in and out of nightclubs.

Instead, they have adhered to a strict family regime. Bono has long had a pact with Dublin's paparazzi not to snap any of his children. For repayment he has given them exclusive snaps and interviews. And the photographers have respected his wishes and played ball through the years.

But it's now a whole different scenario with Eve as she kickstarts a possible movie career -- before she even leaves school.

She has made herself public property by posing on the Tribeca red carpet with her equally glamorous mum and smiling for the flashbulbs. In short, her life is never going to be the same again.

If she is spotted out and about here with Bono and Ali -- or anyone else for that matter -- there will no longer be pixillated pictures of her in the papers.

But Eve seems well able to take care of herself while away from her parents.

At last summer's Oxegen music festival in Punchestown, she dismissed a complimentary remark from a male diner in one of the backstage restaurants by declaring in a loud voice, "You do know that I'm only 16, don't you?" much to the embarrassment of the would-be Lothario.

Eve, also known sometimes as Memphis Eve, has actually made fleeting appearances beside her famous dad on at least two occasions in the past.

She was briefly seen on U2's Live At Slane Castle DVD from 2002 and on The Late Late Show in 2003.

And the Hewson family were pictured together when Bono received an honorary knighthood at a ceremony in the UK embassy in Dublin last year.

Bono and Ali have strived through the years not to spoil their children, trying to have them lead as normal a life as possible when their parents are famous multi-millionaires.

Ali revealed: "We have taken them to see the townships of South Africa. Although they have so much more than myself and Bono did while growing up, we definitely don't spoil them."

Bono and Ali first met at Mount Temple School on Dublin's Malahide Road and married in Raheny Church in 1982. She gave birth to Jordan just two weeks before she sat her finals in UCD.

Bono and Ali own a plush apartment in New York City, where the singer usually bases himself whenever U2 are on tour in the US, and the family stay on visits.

The famous Tribeca Film Festival is due to run until this Sunday, by which time 121 feature-length films will have been screened.

While official reviews have yet to appear of The 27 Club, it has been given a four out of five star rating in Time Out, New York magazine.

The piece was written in advance of the Tribeca Film festival screening and according to writer Allison Williams, is not an 'official' review, more a 'casual impression' of the film.

She said: "Lead character Eliot Kerrigan's cross-country road trip hits all the required tropes: lonely desert highways, retro bars, seedy motels, quirky companions. What saves the flick from its conventionality is the singular consistency of Eliot's sadness (and, okay, some very pretty landscapes).

"Nor does the movie lack for complexity; Anderson's mournful portrayal of a musician who has put all his emotional eggs in one drug-addicted basket evokes shades of guilt, anger and regret.

"But it's the power of Eliot's unwavering grief that consistently forces its way through the movie's clichés, smacking the audience with an unadulterated emotional wallop."

Eve_180347t.jpg

:ohmy: :drool: Yes, I think Eve is pretty like her mother..esp. in that pic in the car, but she looks every bit like Bono! Esp. When she poses!! She definetly has her Father's Eyes!:yes: And, Look she likes hats,too!! :wink: And yes, we are just like proud Aunties and Uncles!! :yippie: :applaud: Definetly have to see this movie!
Oh, and purple Is their color..and blue, white and red! LOL I,too like that she isn't self-concious about her chipped nail polish!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom