The 27 Club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know it! At least release it on dvd so that others of us who really want to see it can see it! I have even e-mailed them on the movie's website asking them about this. They are evasive, keep saying to look for film shows near me (there aren't any!)

It seems the film still has a bit of a pulse: It won Best Director at the Savannah Film Festival, Best Narrative Feature at the Ojai Film Festival and Best Indy Spirit and Best Actor at Fort Lauderdale Film Festival. At the Honolulu International Film Festival it won the Grand Jury Prize. It's next slated for the Milan International Film Festival on May 11–May 19, 2009, where it's nominated for Best Actor (Joe Anderson), Best Director (Erica Dunton), Best Screenwriting (Erica Dunton), Best Cinematography (Stephen Thompson), Best Editing (Les Butler, Oliver Bugge-Coutté). It's also scheduled for the Newport Beach Film Festival Apr 23–Apr 30, 2009.

You beat me to it Liz.....and I am fooled but like the news nonetheless. Glad to hear about all the nominations and awards the film has gotten. I am close enough to see it in Newport Beach, unfortunately I can't make it till one of the last days. :hmm: Or do I wait till it hopefully makes it out in natiowide release or better yet DVD release? Decisions...decisions.....thanks for the news biff! :up:

"The 27 Club"
Friday, Apr 24 2:00p
at Edwards Island Cinemas, Newport Beach, CA
A musician hires a grocery store clerk to drive him from Los Angeles to New York for the funeral of his close friend who had been the frontman of their band. United States, 2008, 89 min. Director: Erica Dunton. Cast: Joe Anderson, David Emrich ,Eve Hewson.

_647344.jpg

Price: varies
Phone: (949) 253-2880
Age Suitability: None Specified
Tags: movies, festivals, films, nbff09

A musician hires a grocery store clerk to drive him from Los Angeles to New York for the funeral of his close friend who had been the frontman of their band. United States, 2008, 89 min. Director: Erica Dunton. Cast: Joe Anderson, David Emrich ,Eve Hewson.

Event Website
Categories: Fairs & Festivals, Film
Creator: OC Register
Creator: OC Register

Newport Beach Fairs & Festivals: "The 27 Club" on Friday 4/24 - OC Register

:ohmy: SPOOOOKY!!! as I was posting the above post the radio here at work was playing a commercial about the Newport Beach Film Fesival :ohmy:

What sucks is that the movie is playing @ 2pm and I get off work @ 4pm :grumpy:

I'll see if it is playing anywhere else around the area :)

Thanks for the info BF. I REALLY Want to see this film so bad, I've waited a long time but I don't know if I want to drive all the way to Newport Beach to see it! I keep hoping and praying it will be released on DVD and when it happens I plan to buy the DVD anyway. Hmmm.....:hmm:

Another update:

The film will be available starting May 13th on IFC On-Demand (the Independent Film Channel).

Back
Top Bottom