The 2014 Oscars chat thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jeevey

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Speculation, chat, images, fangirling and hopefully Bono wrestling with an animated character. Proceed.

But what if the animated character wins? That would just be embarrassing.

(I mean in the wrestling contest, not the actual Oscar, because we already know that's likely to actually happen.)

I'm excited....I think they actually have a shot at winning. I can see Pharell and that song from Frozen splitting the vote, allowing our boys to swoop in! Still wish they had won for Hands that Build America, I thought that was such a beautiful song that really complimented Gangs of New York....I'm a big rap fan but have never cared for Eminem...plus, Eminem, playing Eminem, rapping a song about being Eminem? Not too out of the box.

Interesting theory about the vote-splitting. If U2 wins, it would be a huge upset.

.... not that I'd mind. :wink:

I like the guy who apparently thinks that the obviously fake Sondheim account is actually Steven Sondheim.

So I started a U2 at the Oscars thread yesterday, shouldn't these be combined? :shrug:

Your OP over there had a specific thing to talk about, so that's what I thought it was for. Sorry there! Here's hoping that either A. my little ones go to bed early or B. U2 don't play in the first half hour or so. :pray: :pray: :pray:

Does anyone know what time U2 are performing? I don't want to watch anything other than the performance. I could care less if they win or lose too.

Sent from my Note 3 using my S-pen.

I ddidn't realize that the show is on ABC. Difficult channel for me to get most of the time.
But a friend gave me a better antennae with a TV amolifier veryh reccently so I'm hoping I'll be able to get it! :)

:hug: Ugh, that's never fun. I remember those struggles all too well.

We finally upgraded to a flat screen HD tv about a year ago. Now we get about 30 or so "over-the-air" channels, and we have basic cable which gives us channels 2-70. :up:

Live feed is here WATCH ABC Live Stream - ABC.com and on the oscars website. I poked around a bit and couldn't find an order of events, sadly.

They only let you watch it if you live in certain big cities or download their app. I guess I'll just have to jiggle the TV antenna down here in the basement when I see a blob of pixels that looks like Bono.

I'm trying to find a livestream. E! Online says they are live right now, but when I click the link, it just takes me in a circle.

Bhw3e9VIEAAkH09.jpg

I think E is just recap stuff now. ABC must have the lead-in rights to show arrivals/interviews leading up to the show.

Apparently there was just a flash of U2 in the background on ABC. Hopefully they're just making their way down the carpet and will be interviewed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom