Shall we FREESTYLE on FREESTYLIN' FRIDAY?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edge_Orchestra

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Edge1.jpg

A lil SURRENDER anyone? Edge with his Epiphone Electar series lap steel, during the Unforgettable Fire tour.
Elektar-lap_steel-black-1945-UF-1.jpg

The Goal IS Soul... it's Edge-a-vation...
Gibson-SG-1966-November_2_2005-1.jpg

Love and Peace (OR ELSE!)
200520-20Vertigo20Tour2F2005-06--2.jpg

WHERE is The Fly?!?!?!
200520-20Vertigo20Tour2F2005-07-092.jpg

Ready for what's next?
200520-20Vertigo20Tour2F2005-07--29.jpg

:applaud:
hyperedge.gif
Yay!

In Portland 2005 with one of his teles
bwportland12-19-05EdgeBabetteRosseb.jpg

the white one with the pearl pickguard I believe, one of his prettiest guitars.

an early collection

(War tour I believe)
u3protestguitars.jpg

probably Bono's strat on the very far right, to the right of Edge's

and one of Rolling Stones best covers ever

RollingStoneOct141993.jpg

(oops that one is pretty big, sorry :reject: )
what a great beanie tho!

an early collection

(War tour I believe)
u3protestguitars.jpg

Bono didn't have a Strat. He did have a black Fender Lead II, which looks similar to a Strat. It also has 2 not 3 pickups. :applaud:

DO you think that Dallas pines for the days when Edge could play a show with 3-5 guitars?

Cool. Thanks for that! I never realized that it wasn't a Strat. Would you say that's it on the far right then? I know it's difficult to see really but I'm just guessing because of when the photo was taken.

Cool. Thanks for that! I never realized that it wasn't a Strat. Would you say that's it on the far right then? I know it's difficult to see really but I'm just guessing because of when the photo was taken.

I can't tell from the angle but as that was carried on that tour... the Fender Lead II for Bono and the Washburn EA40, Gibson Explorer and Fender Stratocaster for The Edge... seems to be that might be the Lead II over there.

Great pics! I've been waiting for some U2 equipment to make it to the Guitar Center in San Diego :waiting:
The manager says he'll give a heads up if he hears anything coming.

:lol:

Woops - I totally misunderstood...I thought you wrote Bono's START, meaning his first attempt at playing guitar, seeing as how it's all beat up and taped, etc.

Last edited:
Well La Mesa actually, but that's probably the store you are talking about.

where do you live?

I live in W. LA (Culver City / Palms) area. My sister lives in Santee, so I am around there from time to time. I grew up in Chula Vista. I went to high school at Castle Park (in Chula Vista). Seems Adam Clayton went to a school called Castle Park, in Ireland. Cool.

I live in W. LA (Culver City / Palms) area. My sister lives in Santee, so I am around there from time to time. I grew up in Chula Vista. I went to high school at Castle Park (in Chula Vista). Seems Adam Clayton went to a school called Castle Park, in Ireland. Cool.

Wow cool! I grew up in Clairemont (the San Diego one, not LA, still here in fact) Do you mind me asking what year you graduated?

If I hear anything about the GC I'll let you know. My husband has a friend there (plus he spends just about all his free time there LOL) so hopefully if any U2 equipment is scheduled to be there we'll find out.

Wow cool! I grew up in Clairemont (the San Diego one, not LA, still here in fact) Do you mind me asking what year you graduated?

If I hear anything about the GC I'll let you know. My husband has a friend there (plus he spends just about all his free time there LOL) so hopefully if any U2 equipment is scheduled to be there we'll find out.

I graduated in 1984

Edge at the piano, which I love to see too. I only played guitar a little back in the 80's but piano was more my instrument. Didn't own one for many years though so I got really rusty. I can play October though! Although not as pretty as Edge can (as BonoMot can testify I'm sure :wink: )

from the Apple event, previewing OOTS with Bono
edgepiano.jpg

Back
Top Bottom