Seattle DJ has a 10 minute Bono encounter!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeannieco

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
If the moonlight caught you crying on Killiney Bay
Seattle's 103.7 The Mountain, one of the best stations in the US also has some of the best DJ's! Not that I am biased but they are also huge U2 fans so that makes me love them even more. Especially Shawn. She even leaked a piece of Boots to us here on this site a while back before it was released!! Here is her recent encounter with Bono I thought all you girls would enjoy! How lucky is she???

Tuesday March 10th - "Hello, I am a Rock Star..."

And so it began, my 10 minutes of relatively private time with (arguably) the world’s biggest rock star, Bono.

In a corner booth in a dark lounge, with flash bulbs popping and nervous-looking minders hovering, Bono chatted with 3 excited female fans who all happened to be Music Directors at radio stations. Present at the table: raven-haired hottie and former Mountain-eer Haley Jones, now MD at The Sound in Los Angeles, and earthy goddess Kelly Ransford (follow her at twitter.com/kellykfog ) from KFOG in San Francisco. Oh, and me: skinny, buck toothed Olive Oyl look-a-like, once again WAY overdressed.

He charmed, we charmed. We drank a toast to the new album and I shouted “Bob’s your uncle,” an old Stewart family rallying cry and he laughed.

More flashbulbs but no lull in the conversation. We talked about The One Campaign (join at www.one.org). Bono ordered a margarita (with salt).

We talked about change, the inauguration, and public service. He asked if anyone will care about Africa now that we’re all broke.

I reached across the table and handed him his drink with my giant floor grazing arms and said, “My arms are long.” And he heaved a sigh and said, “And so is my…thirst.”

I mentioned that I’d read an article in USATODAY about more American’s volunteering in the down economy. And he said, “USATODAY?” and I said “Yes.” And he said, “Today’s USATODAY?” and I said, “Yes.” And he said, “I must get that.”

Flash bulbs. Nervous minders getting nervous-er. And finally someone told him it was time to move on. I believe I saw a twinge of regret in his eyes. Was he wearing sunglasses? I didn’t even notice.

Here’s what I do recall:

- He smelled nice.

- We touched accidentally several times (we were sitting side by side) and every time I thought, I just touched Bono.

- At one point, someone joined our little bouquet of Music Directors, and we had to “scoot over” to make room. I said to Bono, “You can sit on my lap.” He said, “I might just.” To which I replied, “The night is young.” And he looked at me and laughed. Laughed!

- The flashbulbs did not phase him even a little.

- He was sitting on my good side.

- I genuinely liked him.

More tales from my once in a lifetime night with U2 (including a preview of tonight’s guest dj-ing, Adam’s curiosity about The Mountain, and why I chose to pass on meeting Larry Mullen, Jr.) all to come…with some U2 home movies too!

- Shawn

That's funny, I listen to KFOG and heard Kelly talking about that meeting on the morning show. She said she really like Bono as well.

I think that was posted on atu2.com. I know I read it somewhere before. It was good to reread it

great story, lucky girl!

Check this out: He actually mentions this in his interview in Boston with Sway about the USA Today article the girl mentioned above.

Cute video blog but she totally doesn't get Larry's humor and seems to think he wasn't sick just a grump. And what's this bullshit about Larry having final say and not really liking his bandmate's?

Dana

His thirst is long????!!!!!!!!!

What an adorably nonsensical thing to say! Quite funny :lol:

Why does this woman keep saying in one way or another how ugly she is?

Is she so scary? He didn't mind sitting next to her (or maybe he did?) but then he was sitting on her 'good side' apparantly.

:giggle:

great story, lucky girl!

Check this out: He actually mentions this in his interview in Boston with Sway about the USA Today article the girl mentioned above.

What so he was there too????! OMG!! :wink:

No seriously though, it sounded a bit like she was WRACKING her brains to try to think of 'shit to say to Bono'.(Look! A newspaper with an article about AFRICA!!!!) Hard-working girl! Smart. And she was totally outrageously flirting with him. I would have found that funny too (like him) I mean so long as she didn't ACTUALLY sit on my lap, I'd be fine with it. :D

Cute video blog but she totally doesn't get Larry's humor and seems to think he wasn't sick just a grump. And what's this bullshit about Larry having final say and not really liking his bandmate's?

Dana

I always have the feeling that it is Adam who is the Scroooooge-like face of U2.

But maybe I shouldn't say such things on his birthday....BAD JOHN!! :doh:

Dana

I found her annoying. and I don't get what her problem with Larry is.
does she have a crush on him and cannot cope with it?

Back
Top Bottom