Screencapping 101?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GraceRyan

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I know many people have asked for screencaps or how to do them. For those who have the talent and know-how, can you teach us?? I used to be able screencap with Win DVD years ago on my pc. But now I am a Mac. Can you screencap from Quicktime?

Basically, can we have tutorial for those with Windows and Macs? :cute:

And when we all learn we will have a most awesome screencap thread!!

I have a Mac too. I pause the video and then do exactly what Maryann said and they go directly to my desktop too. After you do the apple+shift+4 you have to drag your mouse around the picture you want to highlight it or if you just want the entire screen, just hit the space key.

It seems a lot slower than windvd since, from what I remember, you could just keep hitting a button while the video was playing. It's only a pain if you're trying to get a sequence for a gif. This way is pause, apple shift 4, repeat....but I guess since I don't make gifs anymore it's not that big of a deal.

After I get the shot I want I just drag it over to iPhoto and it goes into my main album, using the date I got the picture.

Breaks into song, "A whole new world....."

Watching my holiday productivity crash to new lows. Apple+shift+4....Apple+shift+4....

Thank you!!! :wave:

:shifty: I can show you the world, shining shivering splendid...Tell me princess now when did you last let your heart decide...

I have a Mac too. I pause the video and then do exactly what Maryann said and they go directly to my desktop too. After you do the apple+shift+4 you have to drag your mouse around the picture you want to highlight it or if you just want the entire screen, just hit the space key.

It seems a lot slower than windvd since, from what I remember, you could just keep hitting a button while the video was playing. It's only a pain if you're trying to get a sequence for a gif. This way is pause, apple shift 4, repeat....but I guess since I don't make gifs anymore it's not that big of a deal.

After I get the shot I want I just drag it over to iPhoto and it goes into my main album, using the date I got the picture.

If you want the entire screen you can also hit apple+shift+3 :)

Sounds really easy on a Mac! In Windows, could you just do a "print screen" and copy it into MS Paint to crop or something?

If you want the entire screen you can also hit apple+shift+3 :)

Was just going to say. I just whipped off three of Hamish/Andy Edge smiles, it's more fun to let the video run and just cap it as you see something cute like that... it even makes a little camera noise.

Practice for next summer.
:D

Back
Top Bottom