Rolling Stone: U2: Three Decades of the World's Biggest Band, Onstage and Backstage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Definately some great pics - this one's my fave, though. Mostly because I've either never seen it or it's been so long ago I forgot about it & because it's simply beautiful.

26272669-26272671-large.jpg

Definately some great pics - this one's my fave, though. Mostly because I've either never seen it or it's been so long ago I forgot about it & because it's simply beautiful.

26272669-26272671-large.jpg

Wow! That is a great photo of Bono. I have never seen it before. I love the wide eyed innocence of his expression.

I :heart: Elevation Tour era hair.

Me too, especially on the ATYCLB album. His hair is longish, but nicely layered. Making it look much thicker. I also think that darkest brown/black hair is attractive on Bono. I know it isn't his natural colour, but with blue eyes and pale skin, it is very "Irish."

Totaly Irish visual:drool::cute:

Agreed! It's funny how so many people in the United States think that the Irish all have red hair and green eyes. My ancestors came from County Cork, Ireland and all of them, me included, had dark ash brown to black hair, pale ivory skin and blue/green eyes. Some Americans, will even call me "Black Irish." Based on the legend, not fact, of a Spanish ship sinking off the coast of Western Ireland. Where as actually, when the Celts came to Ireland. There was already a race of people, call the Picts. Who already in habited the Emerald Isle and Scotland. These folks, to my knowledge had black hair. Thus, giving many Scottish and Irish too, those raven locks.

Agreed! It's funny how so many people in the United States think that the Irish all have red hair and green eyes. My ancestors came from County Cork, Ireland and all of them, me included, had dark ash brown to black hair, pale ivory skin and blue/green eyes. Some Americans, will even call me "Black Irish." Based on the legend, not fact, of a Spanish ship sinking off the coast of Western Ireland. Where as actually, when the Celts came to Ireland. There was already a race of people, call the Picts. Who already in habited the Emerald Isle and Scotland. These folks, to my knowledge had black hair. Thus, giving many Scottish and Irish too, those raven locks.
Cool,love to read and have knowledge about some kind of nationality of diferent people from all over the world!:wave:
And I have to totaly agree with you,everybody thinks that all Irishes have red hair and green eyes,it's not true.They have to know more about this nation descent :D

Ireland was originally inhabited by Iberian tribesmen, and I believe the same goes for the rest of the British Isles. Even today, lighter hair colours are a minority to the darker ones in the area. There isn't really need for any myths or legends about Spanish ships sinking there (especially since a lot of Spanish have lighter hair colours themselves), it's more that the stereotype of everyone in Ireland being red-haired and green-eyed is so prevalent in the common mind, when it was never particularly true to begin with.

Also, the Picts were only from North Scotland, not Ireland. ;) However, there were still pre-Celtic people that inhabited Ireland, like the so called "bell-beaker" culture.

Ireland was originally inhabited by Iberian tribesmen, and I believe the same goes for the rest of the British Isles. Even today, lighter hair colours are a minority to the darker ones in the area. There isn't really need for any myths or legends about Spanish ships sinking there (especially since a lot of Spanish have lighter hair colours themselves), it's more that the stereotype of everyone in Ireland being red-haired and green-eyed is so prevalent in the common mind, when it was never particularly true to begin with.

Also, the Picts were only from North Scotland, not Ireland. ;) However, there were still pre-Celtic people that inhabited Ireland, like the so called "bell-beaker" culture.

Mad history knowledge :up: :wink:

Back
Top Bottom