Rolling Stone October 8 1987

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hcbiggs2002

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Okay, here's the 4th instalment of the U2 magazine articles I've been buying off ebay! :bono: This time it's the turn of an issue that us Bono girls will most appreciate! Although again the cover of the magazine has been posted here a number of times but up until now I've only ever had an old reduced b/w photocopied version of it. I hope every one is sitting down.....:wink:

RollingStone_oct87_cover.jpg

:drool: :combust:

RS_page1.jpg

:drool: :faint:

RS_page2.jpg

Now as most of you know Rolling Stones page size is very large and therefore difficult to scan on an ordinary A4 sized scanner so I've had to scan most of the pages in two parts....

RS_page3top.jpg

RS_page3bottom.jpg

Thanks for that! I had never read it before.

Bono was a really depressing guy back then, wasn't he?

And... The beginning of this article is very similar to Bono's autobiographical essay in U2 by U2. Some of it is word-for-word. Do you think he recycled it?

Thanks for that! I had never read it before.

Bono was a really depressing guy back then, wasn't he?

And... The beginning of this article is very similar to Bono's autobiographical essay in U2 by U2. Some of it is word-for-word. Do you think he recycled it?

I was thinking about that with the part about 1986 being an aweful year, and the stuff about Greg Caroll. Then again, Bono tells his stories over and over and over again in the exact same way.

"You haven't spent a dime on your clothes" anyone? :wink:

gotta love 'im. :heart:

Oh wow. Bono looks absolutely nothing like he did back then. Most old rock stars do still look the same only older, even ones from the 60s who are real old now. But if I didn't know that was Bono I'd never associate him with the Bono of today. He has changed completely in every way, every part of him.

Back
Top Bottom