River in a Time of Dryness: the band discussion thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jeevey

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
:bono:

:edge:

:adam:

:larry:

Here's the place for generalized band discussion. Favorite pics and videos both old and new, general questions, rants about Bono's hair and anticipation of a potential baby Clayton all go here.

I mentioned in another thread how I've been loving the Edge-heavy July 10 performance from Stockholm, 2001. It's been in pretty constant rotation at my house for weeks. I've posted a video clip of AIWIY/Streets in my dropbox to share cause I love it so much. It's a handheld audience recording so there is some seasick pitching of the camera, but the performance is great.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ujgan5ttcxi8v9c/AIWIY%3AStreets.stockholm7.10.2001.m4v

On the news discussion front, u2valencia.com claims that they have some news to drop at about 2pm EST. Is it that the Claytons are expecting or that Bono has cut his hair? Or perhaps that he likes to think that he may cut his hair sometime in 2014?

News today? I'm not even going to get my hopes up about anything album related. :|

Here's a picture of Bono holding a big blue jug:

BonoWaterJug.jpg

And Edge looking at pants:

EdgeSundance.jpg

I have lots of random things in my Photobucket account. :lol:

ACbooklarge.jpg

U2ElevationG2.jpg

My Photobucket page has an ad on the side that says "Date Men 50+." It knows I have pictures of U2 all over the place in there! :ohmy: :laugh:

Both of those are great and I don't remember seeing either one before. Hello, Larry Mullen Jr in black and white.

Let's just call that Larry "sexy". I have a very great fondness for Larry in drag. But why did Bono get stuck with the Edna Turnblad ensemble?

ACbooklarge.jpg

My Photobucket page has an ad on the side that says "Date Men 50+." It knows I have pictures of U2 all over the place in there! :ohmy: :laugh:

:lmao: omg that's great.

Both of those are great and I don't remember seeing either one before. Hello, Larry Mullen Jr in black and white.

Pretty sure that's my scan. :reject: I hate seeing my old horrible scans with all the stripes. I've actually been redoing a lot of them. This one will be next on my list. :hmm:

(and I didn't mean I hate when anyone posts the pics :cute: not at all! I hate that my scanner was so crappy when I did them. :( )

Jeevey if you haven't seen that second one before then boy do I have a post for you. :shifty: I was just about to post these on Tumblr but since you started this thread I'll repost them here first.

News today? I'm not even going to get my hopes up about anything album related. :|

Here's a picture of Bono holding a big blue jug:

BonoWaterJug.jpg

And Edge looking at pants:

EdgeSundance.jpg

I have lots of random things in my Photobucket account. :lol:

Love the random! More please. :D

Wow, big is right. I love all of these but this one is the best. Edge is just so... ahem. yep. And I love it when they all look happy.

I love when you can tell that they get on with a particular journalist or photographer. What a difference it makes! And yes to the more random from me too please- and also yes to more Edge looking at pants. (though those can go in the Edge thread if you prefer)

Reposting what I edited on the first page because I didn't want to give the wrong idea. :hug:

(and I didn't mean I hate when anyone posts the pics :cute: not at all! I hate that my scanner was so crappy when I did them. :( )

anticipation of a potential baby Clayton all go here.

are you saying this in reference to her wedding dress? Because I thought she was pregnant when I first saw her in the dress. She looks like she could be in her last trimester in that dress. But then I was looking back at pics from the funeral they attended on Monday and she was wearing a more form fitting outfit and she's clearly not pregnant. I've seen a few people in various U2 parts of the internet mention a baby but I think maybe she just chose an awkward fitting dress for her wedding. She looked beautiful but it definitely gave off the wrong impression....unless I missed some sort of news announcement that she actually is pregnant. But she definitely does not look preggers at all from this past Monday.

It was just an interference in-joke. Speculation has been rife around here because of the dress, and also because an impending baby would help explain why the album was pushed back to March. But there's totally been no actual word. The pics from this week do look like Bono has toned down the clamshell hairdo a bit though...

snl2.jpg

:love:

Oh yeah, I forgot that Bono was on the cover of my speech book in college!

book.jpg

Edge loves his cheese...

Cheese1.png

But Bono doesn't want to smell Edge's cheese.

Cheese3.png

:laugh:

Back
Top Bottom