Reg?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
omgcutestpictureever.jpg

That one is great, are the the one's below of Edge and Morleigh with Sian.

edgesian.jpg

There's a few occasions on the lovetown and JT tours where Bono introduces Edge (usually before the solo on Gloria) as Reggie the dog.

I have Lovetown rotterdam, and he does it there.

Hmm..I always thought that was the nickname for Bono's old school friend Reggie Manuel, the one who encouraged Bono to reply to Larry's ad and drove him to the rehearsal on his Yamaha motorcycle. I've heard him called Reggie Manuel the Cocker Spaniel and I thought Reggie the Bad Dog.

I might just be hallucinating though. And if you've been in the leak threads in WTAHAN lately, you know why. :crack:

There's a few occasions on the lovetown and JT tours where Bono introduces Edge (usually before the solo on Gloria) as Reggie the dog.

I have Lovetown rotterdam, and he does it there.

Edge.gif
Earl.jpg
Well , he does look like a dog. Sweet, loyal and smart like this one named Earl:cute:

The remix of "Numb" on The Best of 1990-2000 B-sides starts with what sounds like Larry saying, "Reg! Reg, wake up!" but the way he says it sounds like he's saying "Rug." I assume it's actually "Reg," though, because that was a nickname they were using for Edge in the early 90s, but I'm not really sure.

If he is calling him Rug, maybe it's a bald joke. :reject: :lol:

The remix of "Numb" on The Best of 1990-2000 B-sides starts with what sounds like Larry saying, "Reg! Reg, wake up!" but the way he says it sounds like he's saying "Rug." I assume it's actually "Reg," though, because that was a nickname they were using for Edge in the early 90s, but I'm not really sure.

If he is calling him Rug, maybe it's a bald joke. :reject: :lol:

Thanks for that, I didn't notice it :doh:

Edge's nickname has been mutated a few times... So yes, Reg. Reggie The Dog. And during ZOOTV - at time - Hedge.

According to Flanningans book someone even kept calling Edge "ED" :lol:

I forgot who that was..I m re-reading the book this month I'll look for it

OH YEAH I have an interview (on cd) from like the Joshua Tree/Rattle and Hum and Bono mentions that someone thought Edge's name was "The Hedge":lol:

I'll look for it too ...and it is Bono's fault for giving him that nickname :lmao:

I'v read a paragraph on the internet (I'm not sure if this a news or report or something, someone edit it with other sections of some different news in a page)↓↓

"Bono walks out in the parking lot where he is delighted to see his long lost friend,
The Edge. "Reg!" he cries in a loud, goofy voice as kids on the corner do triple takes.
"Where have you been?" ~U2 at the End of the World

I don't know thier stories of early days very much....
I was very curious about what(who) the Reg is, when I read that paragraph
(sorry for my English, I'm not a native speaker )

"Bono walks out in the parking lot where he is delighted to see his long lost friend,
The Edge. "Reg!" he cries in a loud, goofy voice as kids on the corner do triple takes.
"Where have you been?" ~U2 at the End of the World

that was interesting. thanks :)
and don't worry about your English. it's just fine :hug:

Hey, I just got my CD and No Line On the Horizon book today. I was reading the thanks to: and under Bono's part right after Gavin Friday, Simon Carmody, and Guggi he thanks "REG for getting me there". How cool a thanks to Edge in his secret nickname!

Hey, I just got my CD and No Line On the Horizon book today. I was reading the thanks to: and under Bono's part right after Gavin Friday, Simon Carmody, and Guggi he thanks "REG for getting me there". How cool a thanks to Edge in his secret nickname!

No, it was Reggie the dog who brought him there (Larry's kitchen) as Rosebud mentioned before (on his motorcycle)

Back
Top Bottom