(RED) Wire / new drums for Lardence!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edge_Orchestra

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
NEW DRUMS AND DRUM FINISH FOR LARDENCE!!!

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOK. Larry got new drums!!!!! Looks like an "oyster pearl" finish!

10 years of black drums and almost ten years of white - now a black and white oyster finish. Sweet!

(I know, I am way to excited about that, aren't I?)

Check out the video on: You can check out at http://red.msn. com - REDWIRE

:wave:Cool drums and wow something new from U2! So how would you buy the song or video? Don't really know much about the whole (red)wire website.:reject:

Thought the song was utter Crap! Its right up there with the worst songs i heard from them. There was a time when U2 were good at cover versions. Think it was a bad choice of song tho TBH
They should release Baby, Please Come Home For Christmas as a single for charity

I believe they already did. It was on the "A Very Special Christmas, Vol. 1", which I think raised money for the Special Olympics. Just letting you know so you can buy it if you'd like. Personally I think that U2's version is better then Greg Lake's version but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. :hmm:

Thought the song was utter Crap! Its right up there with the worst songs i heard from them. There was a time when U2 were good at cover versions. Think it was a bad choice of song tho TBH
They should release Baby, Please Come Home For Christmas as a single for charity

I like this new U2 song very much and think they did a great job with that cover. I hadn't known the original song. I'm not a fan of Christmas songs in particular, but this one is decent. They made a beautiful, calm and quite simple version out of it and I think the song fits U2 very well. Just listen to the lyrics! It's clear why they chose this song. Bono even changed the lyrics a little bit. I don't know why some people are so hateful towards that performance. Because it's a cover? If I had to chose I'd take the new one over their other Christmas song any day.

Everything and everone looking/sounding so good for the new year. :heart:

I'm with you E_O, too, I'm really getting excited. :hyper:

The kit looks to be an older vintage kit... I don't think it's a Yamaha kit... Maybe it's just one that he used in the studio, like the white pearl finish kit; seen in the Achtung Baby album art, amongst other places.

Entitled to your opinion and it's as valid as anyone's.

As for "Baby, Please Come Home" it was a charity single 20 years ago! And is still pretty readily available.

As for "Baby, Please Come Home" it was a charity single 20 years ago! And is still pretty readily available.

I dont recall it ever being released as a single in the UK. I clearly recall the Very Special Christmas album coming out. think it was around the same time as the Tribute To Woodie Guthrie and Leadbelly album came out with Jesus Christ on it

Back
Top Bottom