Question for Bono and Edge girls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So, science has recently demonstrated what we already knew was true: that men are more attractive then they are holding a guitar. The Mating Advantage of Male Musicians: Women Find Guitars Sexy

My question is, does it matter which one? Is the same (Welsh or Irish) man more attractive holding one guitar rather than another? Scientific photo demonstrations are welcome, of course.

HA!! I read that article yesterday too. :D Pretty funny. I think the guitar does matter somewhat but only a little. I do not want Bono or Edge to play Streets on this:

uglyguitar.jpg~original

But otherwise most are okay. And while I think Bono's Irish Falcon is great on him and pretty iconic at this point, I liked the fun he had last tour with his new Telecaster. It seemed to put a bit more rock-star spark in him, and that was fun. :D

BonoTelecasterPittsburgh7-26-2011CPenyak3.jpg~original

I've always thought that musicians (especially guitarists) are more attractive than other men .I dont know why;in a book written by an old english musician very popular in Italy, I've read that he wanted to be a guitarist when he was a boy because guitar is a phallic symbol and he could attract many girls :D

I dont really care which guitar Edge is holding , but if he plays the one Bonocomet posted before, I think I will laugh a lot (even if I m sure he would be extremely sexy the same!) :D

:cute: Edge.:shifty: Bono:heart: my favorite guitar I own :combust: (a Les Paul sunburst or maybe my fender jaguar.) A female guitarist dreams come true. I've dated about 5 guitarist 2 bassist and a drummer... The guitarist were always hotter then the rest. To me at least (I just think that even though I'm a bassist/ guitarist. The guitarist were hotter.)

HA!! I read that article yesterday too. :D Pretty funny. I think the guitar does matter somewhat but only a little. I do not want Bono or Edge to play Streets on this:

uglyguitar.jpg~original
:ohmy::ohmy:
WHAT??!!!
Is THIS for the Death Metal Version of "Streets", then ?????

:no::no::no:

Alhough.......it might have worked for "Eeevil Elevation Edge", yes?
:wink:

As to jvy's question...

I'm not a big fan of the big Gretch hollow-body guitars...though I like the darkish teal color one that bono has. So it's ok.
OTOH... I don't like that same color on bono's custom-made Telecaster....
so i don't find it sexy ...

Really most guitars are pretty cool to wonderful-- though i don't like some of the custom cut-outs esp heavy/death metal kinds.

But I do have my faves....
the darkish-red Gibson SG w the pointed cut-outs, the plain shiny black (w white pick guard) Stratocaster, the Gibson Explorer (Edge! :drool:), the 12-string Rickenbacker, the Flying V, and almost any Orange-ish to Red Sunburst design on various guitars.

I don't necessarily find a guitarist more sexy than who i consider a great R&R singer that does't play guitar.... (well, he did at the very beginnig, then stopped for decades and now does sometimes) ... Roger Daltrey when he had his :drool: Tommy curls. And I saw The Who live 3X's that year ('68) before Tommy was played in NYC (The Filmore East), and then from Tommy onwards- Who's Next, Quad etc onwards till ?87 was the last time.

And :drool: Bono almost never played guitar until more reccently so......

Lastly- speaking of legendary guitarists.... i went to a modest size march in NYC on one of the early Dr King Holiday Celebrations. And there when we were in the semi-moderate size parkish sidewalk perpendicular to 1st Ave above the UN ... there was Roger McGuin (The Byrds & that 12-string Rickenbacker) playing aucostic guitar...and I was standing like right diagonally in front of him....
AND I was thinking "shouldn't I be more excited standing right here with this legendary guitar player??" <I was just standing there like..."uh huh"> etc LOL :tsk:

So, science has recently demonstrated what we already knew was true: that men are more attractive then they are holding a guitar. The Mating Advantage of Male Musicians: Women Find Guitars Sexy

My question is, does it matter which one? Is the same (Welsh or Irish) man more attractive holding one guitar rather than another? Scientific photo demonstrations are welcome, of course.

The size of the instrument doesn't matter. It's how they wield it that counts. :wink:

I have to admit that I'm very partial to the vintage hollow bodies.

edgenybro04.jpg

And the blond Washburn acoustic, too.

ipod26.jpg

What can I say, I like to see his hands around something with a big bottom. :shifty:

And as for Bono, my vote is here.

gretsch-1959-countryclub-miami-rehearsal-mar24-2001-1.jpg

Not that I recall ever seeing him play a solid body electric. Edge of course was adorable with the ZOO era black strat...

Fen-Clapton-Strat-1988-Char-100.jpg

Which guitar is in your first pic for Bono, Jeevey? I can only see a hotlink ad there.

And he actually has played solid body guitars on rare occasion. I love the look of the Les Paul on him but he only played it awhile until around Popmart. I can post the pics shortly.

Bono and a Les Paul.

I've always been more partial to the look of solid body guitars, but there is one favorite I have on Bono I'll get to after these pics:

BonoLesPaulZooropa2Bono-U2-20.jpg~original

BonolesPaulZooropa1Bono-U2-3.jpg~original

BonoLesPaulZooropa3Bono-U2-12.jpg~original

:shifty: I must say, I think he's looking exceptional here:

POPbonopopstudio.jpg~original

U2POPstudioscanQ3-1997.jpg~original

POPsessionsedgebonotext.jpg~original

bonoguitarlespaul.jpg~original

This is the one I think he's looking quite well in. :sexywink:

bonoredguitaronfire.jpg~original

bonoredguitarhello.jpg~original

bonoredguitar.jpg~original

bonopeaceredguitar.jpg~original

bonoredguitarWhenLoveComesToTown.jpg~original

bonoredguitarlarrybatman.jpg~original

bonoredguitarneck.jpg~original

I think this one really suited him. My husband has this same guitar, and it's a beauty.

Sorry, it was this one

Every time I see Bono in those early 80's photos I can't help thinking of his own comparison, "Man with a badger on his head". A very lovely man with fantastic eyes, but it still makes me smile.

I knew there was a reason why I married my husband. I just didn't realize it was the guitar factor! (I emailed him the article).

This is the one I think he's looking quite well in. :sexywink:

bonoredguitaronfire.jpg~original

Oh, my! Quite well, indeed! Awesome photos, bonocomet! Does he still use that red guitar? Haven't seen it in a while.

So. I know nothing about guitars. Edge seems to look natural playing any guitar, IMHO.

71gtwrMl.jpg

fGSCkxhl.jpg

YHXhBCml.jpg

(Love the Million Dollar Quartet Poster in the background).
nqskvON.jpg

A guitar and a microphone!
vs3diin.png

More LoveTown
9AhNxyU.jpg

cS5HN1Z.jpg

And a PoP (I like this photo)
5ghWQjs.jpg

And then there's this one (?)
G1bmniV.jpg

But let's face it, it's the man behind the guitar that counts!

I knew there was a reason why I married my husband. I just didn't realize it was the guitar factor! (I emailed him the article).

Oh, my! Quite well, indeed! Awesome photos, bonocomet! Does he still use that red guitar? Haven't seen it in a while.

(Love the Million Dollar Quartet Poster in the background).
nqskvON.jpg

But let's face it, it's the man behind the guitar that counts!

Heck yeah! :D

And I love that pic of Bono with that guitar too. :up:

As far as I can remember, he didn't play that particular red one after Lovetown, though of course he may have and I just don't have or there isn't a pic. He did play a few other different red guitars since then though.

:love::drool::love: Wow, comet all those Bono & guitar pics!!! :lol::lol: thanks!

Well you know considering how far away I was at almost all my U2 concerts
till more reccently-- i barely could have told that he had guitar on here & there anyway!

Oh, now.... that Red Hollowbody....oh....now THAT suits hin veddy well! :drool:

And that black stratorcaster w the black pickguard! :ohmy:

And the small but lovely pic of Edge in all basic black with the white angelwings on hidsTee plus that dark-red Gibson SG .... :drool::heart:

Lol, agree, ANY kind of man with musical talent i.e. guitarists, singers, bassist, an hell.. even mandolin players, get HUGE bonus points from me.

That's also shaped like a woman!

And Last Unicorn.... they say that Adam does not in fact win the sweepstakes.

?

:shrug:

1) who are "they"?

2) how do "they" know?

3) it's totally b, isn't it? I've been at the tip of the heart with my hand on his upper thigh. I know what I saw! :drool:

3a) proof, please.

Back
Top Bottom