Q Magazine: Lennon & Me by Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mephy

Refugee
I'm not sure if this was posted anywhere - I searched and couldn't find it....

Bono is in this months Q magazine (the special Lennon edition) in a feature of different artists talking about what John Lennon means to them.

My brother is convinced Bono's in the only hand written entry of the lot (the rest are just typed out) because Q could't figure out what most of it said. :lol:

I've left it quite big so it's easier to figure out.

bonolennon.jpg

This is what I could make out :laugh: but it could very easily be wrong.

1) When did you first become aware of John Lennon?
Age 4 I want to hold your hand...and I knew it wasn't my mothers. Age 11/12 him whispering in my ear words of dissent and ascent..."everything is clearer in my world". From the tiny box room window in Cedarwood road the world did seem more understandable listening to Lennon...less concrete, more abstract, open to change - to be tucked or hugged into shape...

2) What is his greatest song?
Help/Across the universe. I've recorded both - across the universe is much harder than I thought...requires almost 'circular breathing' ala the didjeridu

3) Without John Lennon I wouldn't have...
Dared to dream so loudly, to risk such foolishness and never to fear ridicule....

4) When was Lennon at his best?
When he was in an argument...Macca...the band, the missus Yoko...the maharishi...the left, Phil Spector, God (?), himself.

5) And finally, sum up John Lennon in a sentence.
Ridiculous question, Q should know better....

Corrections thanks to Galeongirl :)

The first part I believe the missing word is tucked, the next word is actually hugged.
To be tucked or hugged into shape.

The second, could be "it gives" but I think that says Requires almost "circular breathing" ala the didjeridu(nice one Bono, common spelling is didgeridoo).

Pretty nice piece. :) Thanks for posting!

The first part I believe the missing word is tucked, the next word is actually hugged.
To be tucked or hugged into shape.

The second, could be "it gives" but I think that says Requires almost "circular breathing" ala the didjeridu(nice one Bono, common spelling is didgeridoo).

Pretty nice piece. :) Thanks for posting!

:lol: That makes more sense! Thanks for the additions/corrections :)

We've had a lot of cases in the past where it took us weeks to decipher Bono's writing. :lol: You get trained in it after a while. It helps that you already had most deciphered though!

:love::love::love::love:
This is wonderful!! Looove Bono's insight on Lennon, melts my heart!:heart:
Plus, his answer to the last question, well, you've got it just RIGHT Bono, as per usual! :lol:

I can't edit, but we now have...

1) When did you first become aware of John Lennon?
Age 4 I want to hold your hand...and I knew it wasn't my mothers. Age 11/12 him whispering in my ear words of dissent and ascent..."everything is clearer in my world". From the tiny box room window in Cedarwood road the world did seem more understandable listening to Lennon...less concrete, more abstract, open to change - to be kicked or kissed into shape...

2) What is his greatest song?
Help/Across the universe. I've recorded both - across the universe is much harder than I thought...requires almost 'circular breathing' ala the didjeridu

3) Without John Lennon I wouldn't have...
Dared to dream so loudly, to risk such foolishness and never to fear ridicule....

4) When was Lennon at his best?
When he was in an argument...Macca...the band, the missus Yoko...the maharishi...the left, Phil Spector, God, himself.

5) And finally, sum up John Lennon in a sentence.
Ridiculous question, Q should know better....

Thanks MissMoo and Galeongirl :sexywink:

Thanks for sharing, Mephy! :up: :)shh: Love that man, but my God, his handwriting is atrocious!!! :wink: )

Thanks for sharing!

:lol: Reading Bono's handwriting is an art in itself. Try reading the book that came with the HTDAAB deluxe edition! :huh: It's full of Bonoglyphics.

Thanks for sharing!

:lol: Reading Bono's handwriting is an art in itself. Try reading the book that came with the HTDAAB deluxe edition! :huh: It's full of Bonoglyphics.

I have tried :laugh: All this reminded me of this fan report after the U2 by U2 book signing. I would paste the part about his handwriting but I think the whole thing needs to be read ....from "My Time On Stage" to the end of "Conclusion"

dsc2167500px.jpg

About that! Could anyone make an HQ of the pic, and only the pic?!!
Having Bono's handwriting as a wallpaper would probably give me migraines!:lol:

here it is - this is as big as my scanner made it so that's as HQ as I can get it.

Back
Top Bottom