Q Magazine (December 2011)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mephy

Refugee
I wasn't sure if this should go in the magazine thread Comet started or not, since it's new. If it should have, let me know and I'll put new things in there from now on :)

lyxlO.jpg

9xcrQ.jpg

3QyiP.jpg

p521f.jpg

urxdi.jpg

hkoS8.jpg

PIgAa.jpg

MCYK2.jpg

KHfSM.jpg

nAimQ.jpg

asdfghjkl!!! thanks for posting these. gotta get my hands on a copy of this next time i'm in town.

Thanks, is this the issue that's supposed to have the CD?

Just rushed through the article and interviews. It's more or less the same old Bono blah blah, but some interesting stuff in there as well. I don't understand why they considered the Glastonbury performance "a terrible disappointment". Because the weather was so bad? They did a great set, amazing performance.

And why the heck do Bono's eyes look so dark in that shadeless picture? :lol:

Thanks for scanning :up:

Thank you Mephy :bow:

(Could you also post it in that magazine thread too? :) THANKS! Just put the magazine name and date in the post too so it comes up on searches. Thanks again for this!!)

:drool:

(Oh and YES a new pretty magazine like this deserves its own thread, i think!)

Thanks, is this the issue that's supposed to have the CD?

Yep, it comes with the CD. Which actually has pretty impressive packaging for a free gift - I expected it to just be in a cardboard slip as most free CDs are but it's in a proper jewel case with liner notes.:up:

On the shadeless picture, Bono does, for a change, look a lot less photoshopped than usually, you can even see his freckles. And he looks like he's supposed to look at his age.

He DOES look a bit like a creepy crazy guy in that picture though :reject:

Thank you Mephy :bow:

(Could you also post it in that magazine thread too? :) THANKS! Just put the magazine name and date in the post too so it comes up on searches. Thanks again for this!!)

:drool:

(Oh and YES a new pretty magazine like this deserves its own thread, i think!)

Will do :up:

THANK YOU DEAR!

Ok, current Adam in jeans. Adam saying he remembers fans who attend multiple shows. :faint:

Gals, I'm estactic as the next person about the U2 goodies, but I think they look so much better (like, more natural) in the red carpet shots. Why da magazine covers (Q, GQ) gotta overdo the manipulations? It's making them look more Stone Age (reference to the Stones) than they really are!) Sheeeesh.

I also think the cover pic was a collage of the individual members, and the band didn't pose together for it. Edge is practically merged into Adam and where is Adam looking? Q...:|

Nice read but what's with the "Glastonbury being terrible" blah blah blah? I think they rocked it totally. And Edge's plans for a year off make me sad.No news and photos for so long?:sad:

Gotta run back to work but... "We all got close to doing it"! GAH.

I just read the Edge bits in my limited time, of course. (Of which I will complain there are too few).

And Bono used the C-word. That should get everyone going.... :giggle:

He looks like he's doing an "I'm Wearing the Guyliner and I am Fucking BADASS" pose. Thankfully, without the actual guyliner. :wink:

I think he's pulling his shirt down just to tease me, the tramp. He knows of my weakness.....You will not win, Mr. Hewson....

Okay, you will. Do with me what you will....

:lol: Good spot! It totally doesn't show up on the actual magazine and I hadn't looked at the scans too closely either

3rbCl.jpg

BonoMot actually spotted it first and asked me :lol: I hadn't finished examining Bono yet. :shifty:

Gg I do see the "ring" lines now too, but the center part looks different, like there's a nose in it. :hmm:

Maybe that beenie got hole in it and he had to stich it up quickly for a photoshoot?:hmm:

I hate some of the doom and gloom feeling the writer is putting into that article, I really hate what they say about Glastonbury because it's simply not true. They make it sound like things have been going downhill for the band this year which is simply ridiculous. Given the unfortunate circumstances of their performance that night, they did an incredible job in Glasto. It wasn't their audience, they had a lot to lose. Bono couldn't move because the stage was slippery like ice and he still put on a great show, even though the elements were clearly against him and some clowns in the audience almost started a riot by putting on a ridiculous anti-U2 protest. It WAS a difficult night for U2 but they did great and I still consider it to be one of their best performances because it was a brave move to perform at that festival, and the whole performance showed them as human beings, vulnerable and all.

Q pushed and hyped the U2 performance like crazy and now it's suddenly "terribly disappointing"? What's that crap supposed to be? :|

The writer isn't putting the doom and gloom on it. That's the band themselves. They are the ones who weren't satisfied with the Glasto performance.

Odd that I didn't pick it up from watching it. Granted I'm not looking through objective eyes. I knew they did seem out of their element which makes sense. Obviously it's not a U2 audience even if half of them LOVE U2. Bono feeds so much off the crowd. It's where he lives. Larry even said that the crowd was too far away. Perhaps they didn't bank on that until they got there.

Back
Top Bottom