Q Magazine (December 2011)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Look , I was there at Glasto, U2 did great under circumstances. I saw Coldplay.. they did great but it was Coldplay.. They have a lot of mid tempo sing-along songs, but I don't think they did better than last time I saw them at a festival. Their set was good but overrated. It was exactly the same as the month before :shrug:
I think they are throwing to much shit at U2 for this tough, they are all acting like it sucked, but it didn't. They got the crowd going and everyone loved it. I was there, the reporter obviously wasn't.

And in the end, Beyonce kicked both their arses. She was the overall DESERVED winner. And that comes from a diehard U2 fan who never liked her. :reject: Untill that day.

Writing in caps does not make it MORE TRUE unless you're a member of Spandau Ballet. Beyonce wouldn't have been any better than U2 if it hadn't have rained or U2's keyboards hadn't stop working properly. A mate I knew said he thought the rain ruined it for U2, Coldplay were ok but he drove home on Sunday because you couldn't have payed him to watch Beyonce (and that was at a time when he faced redundancy in a few months).

The ZooTV DVD and Vertigo DVD was better than Beyonce's set.

And none of this would've had happened in the first place if Bono hadn't pulled his little stunt last year. I must inform David Southwell.

I
nAimQ.jpg

But this photo has been photoshopped hasn't it? That's why he doesn't look like himself. And I thought that look was down to rumored plastic surgery that he had done in 2007 and not photoshop?

It looks like he is wearing eyeliner in that photo.

Writing in caps does not make it MORE TRUE unless you're a member of Spandau Ballet.

Ha!

But this photo has been photoshopped hasn't it?

What about it looks 'shopped to you?

If anything looks "off" about it, I think it's the angle and the fact that he's got his eyes open reallllll wide, like he's totally not used to having his eyes exposed these days and forgot how to photograph without them. ;)

Yeah I'm also wondering what exactly doesn't look like Bono about it except that he isn't wearing shades! If anything this photo looks like a 50+ year old who's never had plastic surgery. Plenty of well earned and age appropriate lines on that face. :up:

Just letting you know that i sent a email to U2.com
asking why i hadent recived the Q mag with my calander & thay sent back an,
email saying that it was on back order to the printer,due to the high demand for the mag but thay will getting it with in the net 1-4 weeks then will post them out, as soon as possible & if your ordered it its ok you will recive it soon unless you want to
cancel the order.:hyper:

Thanks for the info! :up: I was beginning to wonder why it was taking so long it to arrive, coz the magazine seems to be available in the US now. But I'll keep my order open, coz living in Finland, I've no garantee that I'll find it here with the cd!! :wink:

Photos like the one quoted above look strange to many people because we're not used to seeing B without his sunglasses. I don't think they did much photoshop on that one. You can see his wrinkles, freckles, all the lines in his face, he finally looks according to his age and it's good that way.

hcbiggs2002 said:
Thanks for the info! :up: I was beginning to wonder why it was taking so long it to arrive, coz the magazine seems to be available in the US now. But I'll keep my order open, coz living in Finland, I've no garantee that I'll find it here with the cd!! :wink:

:):):):)
That's not a problem :) I'm glad to be of service it just looks like were going to have to try & be patiaint & wait a little longer

The only thing that looks weird to me in that photo is that his eyes almost seem black. Rather than the beautiful baby blue colour they're supposed to have. But that is likely a light issue.

it is... a question of lighting. They pointid the two light sources et the backdrop and not at Bono, hence his eye's are not catching enough light .

Simple!:D

im allso still wating for mine that i ordered on U2.com, to arrive.
but im a bit worried cause i ordereed my callender with it & got a recepit for both
but when i recived an email saying it had been sent thay only mentioned the callendar? but i was charged for both so i hope it turns up i normally have no problems ording through them

The same was true with me.
The difference is that only charged me the calendar. :sad:
Send e-mail to the site is a waste of time :down:

Eden said:
The same was true with me.
The difference is that only charged me the calendar. :sad:
Send e-mail to the site is a waste of time :down:

Thay only charged me for that lovely callender as well, I thought thay were really prompt getting the email out which was good :):)

^Yeah, I was amazed too that the u2.com shop replied to your email so quickly! :ohmy: Usually they take forever, if they even bother, to reply at all to enquiries!! :shrug:

i thought it was odd that thay, got back so quick too
maybe thay thought i was gonna make a big complant or
some thing :hmm:
then again maybe i should have cause thay might have
got Larry to send me a email:hyper:

Yea it probally was a slow day ;) but I wouldent mind a cranky
Email;)
Maybe I sould send another complaint soon & tell them the shop I borought my supper A baby still hasent delivered it :) Lol

:angry: Yeah, at least it exists. Ours apparantly doesn't :crack:

I Hate parcelforce.

I think the taxes depend on where you're living and where they are shipping it to.

Usually, if you order something on the internet, there should be a disclaimer about possible taxes. I think taxes only become relevant if the price and size and/or weight of the article(s) you order exceed a certain limit.

Ofcourse it gets taxed. Anything shipped internationally gets taxed. Unless you're living within the EU and buy within the EU. But for the rest, expect expensive taxes on producs over 100 dollars or something like that.

Back
Top Bottom