Q magazine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bono is trying out new looks and everyone is bashing him, not cool.

I think what Adam said is very interesting. Bono is like an actor, he's just trying to create a new character. I like that he's playing and experimenting with different stuff. Just because he's not 25 any more doesn't mean he should always look the boring same. When AB came out, they were in DRAG! People here are drooling over these pictures. If B likes it, he can do whatever he wants. I think at this point he's just trying out things. He's an artist and performer and has every right to. I'm curious to see what will come out of that.

I think what Adam said is very interesting. Bono is like an actor, he's just trying to create a new character. I like that he's playing and experimenting with different stuff. Just because he's not 25 any more doesn't mean he should always look the boring same. When AB came out, they were in DRAG! People here are drooling over these pictures. If B likes it, he can do whatever he wants. I think at this point he's just trying out things. He's an artist and performer and has every right to. I'm curious to see what will come out of that.

So true. :up:

A little eyeliner is really nothing when you think about what they've gotten up to in the past. :shifty:

i agree with last unicorn. i'm glad to see the boys aren't afraid to change it up. After the last album i wasn't sure they were capable of it. so hopefully this is a sign of things to come musically! besides Rock n Roll is all about androgyny!!! I think it's pretty sexy.

I give him :up: for doing something different. I actually think he looks cool in those pictures - but i am convinced this is not the look he will be rocking on stage. IMO, this is just the promo look, and i see nothing wrong with it. All of us (well, most) change our looks - cut the hair, grow it out, change the colour,....etc. so I don't see real reason why people freak out when he does it.

Bono's new look?

RHPS-RW1C2-FrankTattooL.jpg

:flirt:

Woot just saw that YouTube video and now this thread! :hyper: Thanks for posting the link, exciting! :)

And I also agree with last unicorn, I thought it was interesting to see how Bono's trying out new looks again - it will be a colourful album at the least!

But I also agree on the no black lipstick part please :lol:

where's that photo of Mr MacPhisto--he's kind of standing against a wall, with his hands in his pants, shirt open & chest fur flowing. (I always found that erotic for some reason). That pic of Tim Curry reminded me of it.

I'm not bashing him l.u. As if I would!

*outraged at the thought*

:wink:

where's that photo of Mr MacPhisto--he's kind of standing against a wall, with his hands in his pants, shirt open & chest fur flowing. (I always found that erotic for some reason). That pic of Tim Curry reminded me of it.

You mean the hottest pic of Bono ever?
486228451_l.jpg

C'mon, man, Bono is /so/ an emo boy. :lmao:

Ahem. Sorry. Couldn't resist that.

I dunno, he reminded me of the Joker in the last batman movie, but that's just me. It weas like, /what the f.../ oh. It's eyeliner. And then I got over it.

Although I'd love to see them not do a gimmick thing, if they feel they have to, then let them.

Do you know the date and/or location of that show? Wonder what deal was that night... Halloween or Edge was just feeling playful?

I know for sure is was here in Belgium, but I'm not sure of the date.
Could have been this one: 24 oktober 1981 Deinze Brielpoort (I believe it was in 1981 and there were 4 gigs here that year..)

And I remember there was some discussion about the eyecap before, but noone knows for sure what happened. If I remember correct, someone menioned an eye infection

In 2005 when we were meeting Edge, DSmith had a one of these old pics of him and asked him what the deal was with the patch that night. Edge looked at the pic and smiled (so cute!) he said "Oh I had an eye infection (but at the same same he kept pointing to his eye). We all laughed, maybe because he looked dramatic when he explained it :D

oops, sorry I answered before scrolling through the whole page..
So I was correct on the infection :)

and you can be damn sure it was in Belgium as well :D

Back
Top Bottom