Propaganda Actung album cover cuts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Slipstream

Refugee
Last year there was a thread on album cover shots that didn't feature on AB that were in a Propaganda issue. Does anyone have these from when they were posted? I think it was BonoFox that posted them??

I'm in the process of making some Zoo themed wallpapers. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Slip

oops I ridiculously left out an H in Achtung. How foolish of me.

:scratch: Wasn't there a book that came out a few years ago that had those in it? I think it was by the two guys that design U2's album and DVD covers. I can't think of what the title is.

I can't remember where I got these, but I think they are from the book Rachel 's talking about.

ABcover1.jpg

ABcover2.jpg

ABcover4.jpg

ABcover3.jpg

This is my favorite of the outtakes. "Stealing Hearts At A Travelling Show" has these and outtakes and alternate titles on all U2 artwork, through the Elevation tour. (Book came out in 2003).

Here's a page from a 2003 edition of "Q" magazine talking about the "Stealing Hearts..." book. You can see some of the outtakes from Pop, Best of 1990-2000, All That You Can't Leave Behind, Zooropa, etc.)

scan0001.jpg

I highly recommend the "Stealing Hearts At A Travelling Show" book. Anyone have good scans of the book? My scanner is broken.

You can get the book at four5one website

Cheers!

Last year there was a thread on album cover shots that didn't feature on AB that were in a Propaganda issue. Does anyone have these from when they were posted? I think it was BonoFox that posted them??

I'm in the process of making some Zoo themed wallpapers. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Slip

oops I ridiculously left out an H in Achtung. How foolish of me.

Yeah I posted these last year I think they are the same ones Marien posted...I know because she is missing cover #8 ;)

BonoFox :wave:
You should be right these are your scans (the only ones I did at home are the last ones) but I wasn't sure where I got them, I hope you don't mind I posted them instead of you. By the way, I miss one cover, but it's not number 8, it's number 13, I'm sure I used to have it, but now, who knows what I did with it!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you, so much Marien, BonoFox, and Edge_Orchestra!!! Great stuff and just what I was looking for.

I totally forgot about that book from four5one too....I need it! The softback edition is only €25.

BonoFox :wave:
You should be right these are your scans (the only ones I did at home are the last ones) but I wasn't sure where I got them, I hope you don't mind I posted them instead of you. By the way, I miss one cover, but it's not number 8, it's number 13, I'm sure I used to have it, but now, who knows what I did with it!!

Oh it's no problem at all Marien!!! ;)

So I counted 13.. there should be a total of 13...I'll check to see if any are missing

Back
Top Bottom