Product (RED) Thread - part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Booo! Product Red Shirts!

What happened to those old red shirts that simply said (RED) or some similar phrase on them?! I went to the store today and these new ones suck! I think I would question my sexuality wearing these (just kidding people). Or othewise they're really cheesy.

I'm a guy by the way.

how is the (red) music thing going?? haven't heard any news on that for a while...

This is from an email I received from (RED) earlier this week, just thought I'd pass the info along here.

Greetings!

Because of you, and thousands of people like you who have purchased and supported (RED), $130 million has been generated to help eliminate AIDS in Africa. All in just 3 years. Thank you.

With (RED), 100% of this money goes straight to work on the ground in Africa via the Global Fund, the organization we work with. No overhead is taken by either (RED) or the Global Fund - in fact (RED) doesn't even touch this money. It's sent directly to the Global Fund from the brands we work with, like Apple, Gap and Dell. So every time you buy (PRODUCT) REDTM, the money goes straight from your pocket to HIV/AIDS programs in Africa.

How (RED) Works

redworks.png

To date (RED) supported projects have helped reach more than 4 million people impacted by HIV or AIDS in Ghana, Lesotho, Swaziland and Rwanda - it's pretty incredible. Together we have also:

Helped put 111,000 HIV-positive people on antiretroviral therapy

Helped provide HIV testing and counseling for more than 3.4 million people

Helped provide more than 70,000 HIV positive pregnant women with preventative antiretroviral therapy to reduce the risk of mother-to-child transmission

Supported grants that finance health facilities, train health practitioners and care for children orphaned by AIDS

So (RED) money is doing some pretty extraordinary things, and everyday it's changing the lives of many people who otherwise wouldn't have access to lifesaving drugs, testing, counseling or even basic care. The everyday purchases you choose to make are making a world of difference. Check out our impact calculator to see exactly how much you are helping when you buy (PRODUCT) RED, whether it's an iPod, a t-shirt or a pair of sunglasses - you might be surprised how much it really means.

Buy (RED). Save Lives. It's that simple. And that powerful. But, we need your help and continued support - please help us spread the word.

Thanks again

Angela @ (RED)

Unfortunately all the GAP stores around here no longer have any RED products in their store except for a few t-shirts. I really loved all the jackets they had in the beginning. I have lots of the clothes but the coats and jackets were my favorite. Between my daughters, husband, and I we own 10 or more RED jackets and coats. They were awesome and really not very expensive. Hopefully we'll see more.

If only U2 would play one of these (though I am all for seeing FOB in a small place) :

Fall Out Boy, Santigold, O.A.R. set for AIDS benefit shows
Posted by Melinda Newman

Fall Out Boy, O.A.R., Santigold, the Veronicas, All American Rejects and Gomez are among the first round of artists lined up for (Red)Nights, a new concert series aimed at combatting AIDS in Africa. A portion of the ticket sales from each concert will go to the Global Fund, a program that finances AIDS-fighting organizations in 140 countries.

(RED) and concert promoter Live Nation are producing the live shows, which will take place at Live Nation-owned clubs and theaters across the country. The goal is to raise money and awareness to fight AIDS in Africa. (RED), which was co-founded by U2's Bono, ties in with companies such as Gap, Apple and Starbucks, who brand certain products with the (RED) mark and then donate a portion of those proceeds to (RED).

I get those emails too. They are really cute. I wouldn't know which one to get.

What happened to those old red shirts that simply said (RED) or some similar phrase on them?! I went to the store today and these new ones suck! I think I would question my sexuality wearing these (just kidding people). Or othewise they're really cheesy.

I'm a guy by the way.

No, Gap doesn't sell the old (original) tee's anymore, but you can find some on ebay, that's were I bought mine, check out the first page of this thread. Living in Finland, I'm unable to buy them directly from Gap and was so pleased, when I finally took the plunge and signed up to ebay. :up: Just put 'Product RED' in the search box and you'll get a whole load of RED products. :yes:

I've been seeing those RED products at Starbucks everyday and always want to buy that second tumbler just because it's pretty, even tho I don't use those. :lol:

I don't normally come round these here parts, but I picked up some shoes designed by some guy called The Edge...

IMG_5097.jpg

IMG_5096.jpg

IMG_5095.jpg

IMG_5094.jpg

IMG_5093.jpg

These shoes are now mine. :drool: :hyper:

I just ordered these the other day, and they arrived today! They're so :drool:. I'm a sucker for Converse anyway. They seem to be 'softer' than usual new Converse. Almost as if they're partially broken in already. Do yours feel the same way? My perception just may be a bit off :lol:

Yeah, I know what you mean. I thought the same thing when I first tried them on. :)

Back
Top Bottom