PLEBA name poll

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Is it a good idea to change the subforum's name?

• Yes! Make it PLEBAD!

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Yes! Make it DEBLA!

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • No, I like the old name..

Votes: 38 57.6%
  • No, I like Paul way too much!

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

Galeongirl

Galeonbroad
Hey gals,

Together with all the Dallas girls there's been an idea for a while. The name of our forum part, as you all know is PLEBA. But it's kinda strange that there's basically no fanbase here for Paul, and quite a big one for Dallas(well it's not strange, the man's hot, but still!). So the idea arose that it would be an idea to change the name to PLEBAD(including Paul) or DEBLA.

I'm not even sure if this is technically possible, but we just want to know what the main PLEBAn opinion on this is before we ask if it's possible.

:D So please put your opinion on the poll and if you want to elaborate your vote, please do.

dallas92409.jpg

You might consider BEDLA.

You'd have the melody section on one end, the rhythm section on the other, and Dallas as the glue in the middle holding it all together. Just a thought.

:wave:

This is a tough choice, I've always found the inclusion of Paul silly, but I'm so used to the name at this point :hmm:.

I :heart: Dallas too....

but I like PLEBA too much...

I always think of this definition too:

plebian

1533 (n.), 1566 (adj.), from L. plebius "of the common people," from plebes "the common people" (as opposed to patricians, etc.), perhaps from PIE base *ple- "to be full" (see plenary). Slang shortening pleb is attested from 1865 (see plebe).

I think it would be weird to change the name but I like the idea of including Dallas. I voted more to show my Dallas love than to actually change the name. Besides, I like DELBA instead, just so it doesn't have "BLA" in it.

And I love the reference to the Latin commoners.

Especially in the Digital Age, when everything's temporary, there are times when you should stick with the way things are just because that's the way things have always been. :up:

It's called tradition and while I'll be first to admit that the "P" even being in PLEBA has always seemed odd to me, it's would be blaphemous to even consider not using it. Long live PLEBA & all that it emcompasses! :heart:

I say either we keep the old, profoundly established, name which I happen to like...or change it to something funky like, err...CABLE? (Crew-Adam-Bono-Larry-Edge).
It doubles as a poor reference to Wire, the U2 song as well as the old Internet mailing list (or whatever it was before I begun to explore my U2 fandom online), and Bono would kind of like to tie himself with us. :sexywink:

Replacing "Paul" with "Crew" would sort of still include the band manager, while allowing for pictures/video/news of all of U2's crew to be included rather than alienating everyone except Dallas and the boys. Furthermore, I woke up with this stupid acronym in my head at 6:16 in the morning. So, if we re-write the time it'll be 6/16 which is equal to how the American English people would date 16th of June, right? Can't be a coincidence...or can it?
I mean, I don't spend as much time here as some other might do so I don't know how much influence I might have in such a delicate issue.

Ok, I get it, I'll show myself out...
//Future CABLE-guy (?)

Back
Top Bottom