Picture Request: The Fly written in AB font

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marik

Refugee
I am looking for the words THE FLY written in the font used during Achtung Baby. It's the font used on the temple of the new shades issued in Uber box set. But i'm sure its appeared elsewhere as well.

You mean the cursive font?

Fraid to say people on here(especially theedge89) have been looking for ages, we've found most fonts sofar but that one is still missing. I think he concluded that it was a handwritten thing being reprinted.

umm, the font im talking about is currently on the U2.com homepage in the image of the new Fly shades. "Every artist is a cannabil".

Its also printed on the temple of The Fly, and used in alot of ABaby merchendise- like on the Propaganda magainze from the Uber box set

What if we just got a picture of the print on the side of the Fly shades in the Uber box? Would that work for you? I could try to get a good one. :hmm:

Ok marik maybe this is something you can use. I darkened some of the surrounding area in photoshop just to show contrast, but if you are going to copy the exact outline be sure to use the actual white outline of the lettering. I didn't go too close to the actual lettering because I didn't want to interfere with the true outline. Maybe someone with better photoshop skills could work on that. (Or I could try and get a better shot later during the day since the problem here was taking the photo with artificial light rather than sunlight.) Anyway, let me know if you need me to try again later! :wave:

TheFlyfont.jpg

No problem! :) Just remember to use the bright white border as the outline, not the gray color that is around the edges of some places.

Edit: I just noticed an exception to this! On the first part of the "T" (the left side of it) the gray color on the edges IS the actual outline of the text. It is just brighter white in the center in that area. However that is the only place that happened. On all the remaining areas the brighter white is the actual outline. :uhoh: I hope that makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom