Picture request: Edge's mirror-tiled Les Paul

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edge_Orchestra

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB

2-3.jpg

There are not that many pictures of this guitar. Perhaps it was only used for the "Discotheque" video and 'Pop' album art.

gibson-les_paul-19xx-mirror-01b_jpg_w300h295.jpg

I know that it did go on the tour but I've never seen any video or pictures of Edge playing it.

dallashardhatmirrorballguitar.jpg

Other than screen caps, are there any others?

I would carry that aroound anytime, but 15 kilo's is a bit much for a bit of inserted mirror. ! would say it hardly passes the 10 kilo's . Eeeeedge where are you ?

It's not just the small mirror top layer, it's entire mirror pieces on there. So they're pretty thick, which makes it heavy quite fast. As you can see in the second pic Edge_O posted.

Or steal Edge's... :shifty:

Edge auctioned his around 1999. Not sure who bought it.

Back to the original post... so other than the pics I originally posted (promo pic of it on his shoulder, Dallas with it in Vegas and screen caps from the video) there are no other pics? If so, I'd love to see them.

Bono Comet, ya got any? You ARE the Picture Queen. =)

Haha nope sorry. :wink: Last time you asked I posted that big pic and the one with Dallas for you! But yeah haven't found any more since then I don't think. :wave:

There are not that many pictures of this guitar. Perhaps it was only used for the "Discotheque" video and 'Pop' album art.

I know that it did go on the tour but I've never seen any video or pictures of Edge playing it.

dallashardhatmirrorballguitar.jpg

Other than screen caps, are there any others?

I think this is the first pic of Edge´s Gibson Explorer during Popmart Tour

Interesting how he didn't use the Explorer for PopMart. If he did use it I haven't seen him use it. There's a PopMart video on YouTube in which they talk with Dallas about the tour and you can see the Explorer at some point in the video. But yeah every guitar he used seemed to fit the appearance and the tour though.

Back
Top Bottom