Picture Request: Bono's handwriting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

secretly alone

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Hi guys, could you please post any pictures you have of Bono's writing? I did a search and there was a thread about his handwriting but it was mostly a discussion of why it's such a mess :lol:

I'm looking to get a tattoo including the words "dream out loud" but I want it to be in Bono's handwriting :reject: So if you could please post all that you have :D

I have some stuff saved somewhere but I'm having trouble finding it in the depths of my hard drive. Thanks in advance everyone!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the handwritten lyrics to "One" in the Uber box set are his handwriting.

Give me a sec and I'll post the pic I took of it last night...........

You're going to get the word "out" in "out into the light", too bad this wasn't Acrobat or Zooropa. No "dream" or "loud" in these lyrics that I can see, can anyone else?

I absolutely love this idea too, Val :up:

I found 'dream' in the HTDAAB book:
6309927853_afcd30db8a_z.jpg

If you need a better quality picture, let me know :)

Your tattoo is so awesome!! :D

Thank you... I'm proud of it :)

secretlyalone - my advice to you is a tattoo should NOT be cheap. Even a simple design. It's critical that you get a good artist that goes deep enough to have the colour last, no matter how simple it looks.

A good artist costs $$$. If you can't afford one right now, then WAIT until you can. It makes all the difference in the world, and it will be with you for life. I've seen a lot of people's tattoos look like shit within 3 months because the artist didn't go deep enough and it's already starting to fade shortly after it heals. Mine still looks as vibrant as it did when I got it.

My tattoo was $400. It was a 3.5 hour experience + his original design work, but worth every penny. I could have got it done elsewhere for less, but I chose one of the top two artists in Regina - and then chose the one that was very good at guitars. There will always be an artist that is better at handwriting than others. They all have their strengths, so make sure you use one that specializes in what you want, and one that doesn't give their art away for nothing... :up:

Where was everyone when I needed the sheet music to Van Diemen's Land for my tattoo? I had to go deep to find that, I'll tell ya. But I did ;)

:giggle:

It's too bad that I must have never seen that thread; I have a book with all (up to ATYCLB I think) the sheet music. Then again, if it was when I was at school I wouldn't have had it with me anyway :p

Sheet music is really easy to find. And val you could just go back to lous. They're the best in LI but if you decide to do it in the city, let me know! Plenty of places that do great work and you won't have to pay out of the ass for some writing.

:hmm: The U2 ipod poster is all Bono handwritten I believe, though I've never seen a good pic of it online. I'll check what I have and post some more for you later too. :) great idea!

Here are a few:

Mercy lyrics
Mercy-HTDAAB.jpg

This includes the word "out"
HotPress1995.jpg

bonolunchboxfoodbank.jpg

bonogodsig.jpg

bonocardthejoker.jpg

johnlennonbonoautograph.jpg

Thanks for the help guys :) I'll probably be getting this done sometime in the next few months, likely closer to spring. :hyper:

I need to think of a Mysterious Ways inspired tattoo.

'Lift my days, light up my nights'

But what else?

I almost got the Joshua Tree on my back, but I couldn't afford it.

Back
Top Bottom