Pics from the band in a Madrid tavern (early 2000)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2aremyfriends

War Child
Hi all!

I've just have dinner with some friends in a Madrid Tavern ("Casa Julio") that had this pic on a wall.

taberna_U2.jpg

The tavern looks much better now, as they have painted the walls and change the chairs and all that...but the most important thing is that there were a newspaper scan on a wall saying that U2 used that place to have a photo shoot. I can't find more pics, so do you have others from that day? Thanks!

Btw, I read on that scan that U2 fans use to go there and they call it "U2's tavern". :cute:

First, I've never seen that photo so thank you. Second, if there are others out there Bonocomet will have them. She has everything.

That's the only one I think I've ever seen, and it gets posted here every once in a while when someone here visits that place. ;)

(Edit, but I'll check again, in case it's just similar to the ones that have been posted before)

Hi all!

I've just have dinner with some friends in a Madrid Tavern ("Casa Julio") that had this pic on a wall.

taberna_U2.jpg

The tavern looks much better now, as they have painted the walls and change the chairs and all that...but the most important thing is that there were a newspaper scan on a wall saying that U2 used that place to have a photo shoot. I can't find more pics, so do you have others from that day? Thanks!

Btw, I read on that scan that U2 fans use to go there and they call it "U2's tavern". :cute:

Same here, first time I've ever seen this pic too! :ohmy: So thanks for posting!! :up:

Well I couldn't find it so far. :(
Thanks for posting that one anyway, and I hope to see more of it too.

Yeah, I know this bar... it is very small so it is always crowded... last time I went there we had to go somewhere else to have a beer... :lol: (I don't live in Madrid so there are not many times I can go there... )

They are famous for they wonderful "croquetas" :drool:

Thanks all!

No, that's not the same bar but thanks anyway 'cos I didn't remember that pic! :up: Maybe they only shared that pic...

Yeah, I know this bar... it is very small so it is always crowded... last time I went there we had to go somewhere else to have a beer... :lol: (I don't live in Madrid so there are not many times I can go there... )

They are famous for they wonderful "croquetas" :drool:

Yeah, they cook very good "croquetas", mmmm...

I read that many famous people go to that bar. I saw Unax Ugalde (a Spanish actor) having a beer there! haha

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom