Pic request: Pop Bono short sleeves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought that was taken during AB era. Can't be in Ireland as the steering wheel is indicating an European/American car. Not a British/Irish one.

No it's the era from between Pop and Elevation when he was wearing the black shades and the clear lenses (I don't know what they were called) but I call the era Elepop. :wink:

a bit post-pop but close enough :wink:
bonoelepopshirtlessdrivedaniellanois.jpg

Um... Elevation is one of my favorite eras, so I will HAPPILY feast my eyes at this one, thanks!!:applaud::drool:[/QUOTE]

Elevation?But this pics is from Pop Era:crack:

No it's the era from between Pop and Elevation when he was wearing the black shades and the clear lenses (I don't know what they were called) but I call the era Elepop. :wink:

Hm, I thought it was from that episode when they went skinnydipping with Paul that was in BP's book. :scratch: now I'm confused!

I'm pretty sure the pic is pretty close to Pop. I wouldn't bet a million dollars or anything on it of course since I don't have an extra million lying around or anything. :wink: It comes from a series of photos taken by Danny Lanois and in all the clothed pics of B he had on these kind of shades with clear lenses.

bonoblackguhness.jpg

Hm, I thought it was from that episode when they went skinnydipping with Paul that was in BP's book. :scratch: now I'm confused!

If you find it in that book I'll be surprised that DL slipped it into his photos! He still could have taken it during the AB era I suppose but it would be weird for him to put it in with newer photos. I'm looking for the original I made this crop from, hang on.

Finally I found it. :huh:

BonomontagebyDanielLanois.jpg

I see what you mean. Around the "Sweetest Thing" video, right? Just for my own references, I would still consider these photos the Pop era because of his hair-length. The pic of him in the car obscured his hair, but another defining characteristic was how DAY-UM fit he was during Pop! :drool:

I'm pretty sure the pic is pretty close to Pop. I wouldn't bet a million dollars or anything on it of course since I don't have an extra million lying around or anything. :wink: It comes from a series of photos taken by Danny Lanois and in all the clothed pics of B he had on these kind of shades with clear lenses.

bonoblackguhness.jpg

This photo is from the shooting of Beautiful Day video in Paris, july 2000...

This photo is from the shooting of Beautiful Day video in Paris, july 2000...

Yeah I wasn't posting it for the thread, I was using it as an example of the type of glasses, sorry! The actual pic I was talking about was the shirtless one earlier, but it's possible they were all around 2000. Like I said, post-pop. ;)

I'm still not entirely sure, it looks rather out of place with the others..

The BD sunglasses are Black Fly no. 5's btw. The clear ones with the dragon inlay on the side are Marcolin, I don't know the model no.

Well he's wearing the same earring anyway, I'd bet money they are all from the same day Gg! (Just not a lot of money. :wink: )

:lol: I still don't see it, but ah well. I can't find any evidence that it's from AB era now either.

And he was so much more -insertpraisehere- during pop , than AB era (in which he already was very [/praise]...

So evident :tsk: :kiss:

Yeah I wasn't posting it for the thread, I was using it as an example of the type of glasses, sorry! The actual pic I was talking about was the shirtless one earlier, but it's possible they were all around 2000. Like I said, post-pop. ;)

uh ok! i would say that the Lanois's photos are from end 99 debut 2000, the same look during Mtv awards '99 and Million Dollar Hotel promo !

Back
Top Bottom