Pic Request: Bono with Morrissey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cdisantis83

Refugee
This may be a long shot, but does anyone have a picture of Bono with Morrissey, the former frontman of The Smiths? I need one for a project of mine, if such a picture exists. In any case, I figure that this would be the place to find it. Thanks in advance.

I do know that Morrissey gave an award to Bono (for the very sexy U2 he said if memory serves me right) and there was a video circulating on the net. I think it was on some Irish award show ( 1998-1999??) I'll have a look and maybe I can find it..

From a Morrissey site..it had a link to the video but it doesn't work anymore.

Apr 12 98 - Sunday

Hot Press Rock Awards (Ireland)

...Morrissey didn’t win the "Irish Rover" award tonight [4/9]. It went to Shane MacGowan.

Morrissey presented the award to "the sexy" U2 for best Irish group. Bono said that Morrissey had written a book about Johnny Thunders and Morrissey said, "Almost". He was very pally with Bono, hugging him etc

Yes it is too bad the vid quality is so poor. I don't think we could even get a decent screencap from it. :(

Yeah it's a shame the quality is so bad.. I remembered this because I am also a big Morrissey fan and was curious if I could find something with U2 and Mozzer.. It's the only thing I could find.
I can remember some interviews where Morrissey does speak good about Bono.. So I do think he appreciates him, however I am not to sure about the music :wink:
There is also a documentary about Morrissey where Bono talks about him..It's called The Importance of Being Morrissey and you can see the whole documenatry on youtube
YouTube - The Importance of Being Morrissey (part 1)

I was lucky to meet Bono the day after Morrissey had played in Dublin in 2004 I think.. I had a conversation about it and he couldn't have been more gushing. He closed his eyes, tipped his head back took a deep breath and said, "Stephen Patrick Morrissey... we love him!"..then came back around and said, "He's Irish y'know".

I was lucky to meet Bono the day after Morrissey had played in Dublin in 2004 I think.. I had a conversation about it and he couldn't have been more gushing. He closed his eyes, tipped his head back took a deep breath and said, "Stephen Patrick Morrissey... we love him!"..then came back around and said, "He's Irish y'know".

HAAAAA!! That is AWESOME!!!...I started to read the Morrissey and Marr book but I need to finish it :)

Yeah it's a shame the quality is so bad.. I remembered this because I am also a big Morrissey fan and was curious if I could find something with U2 and Mozzer.. It's the only thing I could find.
I can remember some interviews where Morrissey does speak good about Bono.. So I do think he appreciates him, however I am not to sure about the music :wink:
There is also a documentary about Morrissey where Bono talks about him..It's called The Importance of Being Morrissey and you can see the whole documenatry on youtube
YouTube - The Importance of Being Morrissey (part 1)

ARRRGGHH!! video is gone!!!...but I'll look for it ...Thank you patske :)

oh bono

From a Morrissey site..it had a link to the video but it doesn't work anymore.

Apr 12 98 - Sunday

Hot Press Rock Awards (Ireland)

...Morrissey didn’t win the "Irish Rover" award tonight [4/9]. It went to Shane MacGowan.

Morrissey presented the award to "the sexy" U2 for best Irish group. Bono said that Morrissey had written a book about Johnny Thunders and Morrissey said, "Almost". He was very pally with Bono, hugging him etc

:hyper:WAIT I REMEMBER THIS NOW!!! Thanks for posting this patske!!!

Back
Top Bottom