PIC REQUEST: Bono with gray hair / un-dyed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redhill

Refugee
How much do you think he has now?

Any pictures with totally un-dyed hair recently or over the years with lots of gray showing?

Curious to know how he dyes so often...and it still takes!

Any pics appreciated ;]

here's a pic that I found where you can see some gray hair, but I'm sure someone else on here has a better pic!
:wave:
eidnakgkt.jpg

bonoedgeagingbeautifully.jpg

This is not so recent I know, but I like it of the undyed Bono n Edge :love:

bonogreygreenshades.jpg

bonogreygorgeousgreenshades.jpg

Unless his hairdresser comes on here to post I doubt you will get all the answers you seek :wink:

I know nothing about hair dying since I've never tried it but my guess is that he still has his natural color except at the temples and edges. I've seen a zillion pics of him up to completely recent and have never seen it look like a dye job growing out anywhere but those edge areas. We've seen pics like these where he's obviously let it go, and he still has no white roots anywhere but there. He's probably got some of that salt n pepper thing going on all over too. Just my guess.

:drool: Now i need to leave this thread. :huh: :wink:

^ :yes: :love:

I think you'll never find a pic of Bono with grey hair like Adam's, redhill.
Maybe more like the ones Jackie and Comet posted :hmm:

wow I had no clue his hair was that color I've never paid any attention to that. I guess that explains why his son has blonde/brownish hair! hah things make sense now :lol:

How much do you think he has now?

Curious to know how he dyes so often...and it still takes!

I think he's probably salt & pepper at this point, judging by the pics Bonocomet posted. He most likely started greying at the temples as most men do. But it looks like he's got some going on in the front as well. So I'd say there's probably some grey throughout.

Also, there's no reason his color wouldn't take. Grey is sometimes more resistant to color than hair that still has it's pigment, but then he'd just have to let it process a bit longer. Either that or do what we call "pre-softening." That's when you take the developer (the peroxide that you use to mix the color) by itself and apply it to the regrowth and let it sit 5-10 minutes before applying the color. That opens the cuticle of the hair to allow more of the color molecules to penetrate.

I'd also like to add that I would love to be the girl who gets to color Edge's goatee. :D

Well, what did you expect? :wink: Anyway, did you need more pictures? Were your questions answered satisfactorily?

You even got a hair expert's opinion :up:

Well, what did you expect? :wink: Anyway, did you need more pictures? Were your questions answered satisfactorily?

You even got a hair expert's opinion :up:

Well I still never saw one with lots of gray. Bono is too consistent for that ;]

I did find it sweet that the girls liked the gray ;] I think it did suit him but you know what the public at large would say....

"Bono looks old." "What happened to Bono?"

Most people seem to be endlessly shallow :(

Well I still never saw one with lots of gray. Bono is too consistent for that ;]

I did find it sweet that the girls liked the gray ;] I think it did suit him but you know what the public at large would say....

"Bono looks old." "What happened to Bono?"

Ok, yeah I don't think there are too many more with "lots of gray" as you say. :hmm: It shows up more in the older pics where it's longer, because it's harder to see of course on the shorter hair, especially since he keeps the sides where it's turned very short. But even in those photos you can see it's not like he has a ton of it all over, it's probably salt n peppered throughout like I guessed and Tainted Angel seconded. I can look for more recent photos though and will try to post later. Bono's hair is always a pleasure to study in depth. :wink:

Ah, you're right, and this applies to everyone :|

Btw, those pictures always remind me of how red Bono's hair actually is!

And now I feel funny saying it, but I find the grey strangely attractive...like, really.

:drool:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom