PIC REQUEST: Bono with a trucker / truckers during Heart of America Tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redhill

Refugee
Any pics appreciated!

Inspired by Bono's story during the recent interview in Africa!

I remember seeing a couple!

Thanks in advance!

I just found this 2 pics...hope that helps:wave:
Hate this watermarks:doh:
OgAAAGhQSSJYf-YpgIVd_P5sCTFsXOYY2cv.jpg

51349946.jpg

Actually, these are pics from Bono's trip to South Africa in May 2002. You can see the AIDS pin on his shirt.

He was asked to ride this train which I think was entitled the "Hope Train" sponso(red) by a South African AIDS org riding around the countryside bringing info about HIV/AIDS & how to stop its spread to people along the route. (I could be wrong on the title of the train)

This was six months before "The Heart of America" tour....but great pics anyway!

:bono::heart::heart::hug:

Does anyone have pictures from the Heart of America tour? I've been looking for-ev-er for one that was taken at a truck stop along I-65 near Rensselaer, Indiana! :love:

Actually, these are pics from Bono's trip to South Africa in May 2002. You can see the AIDS pin on his shirt.

He was asked to ride this train which I think was entitled the "Hope Train" sponso(red) by a South African AIDS org riding around the countryside bringing info about HIV/AIDS & how to stop its spread to people along the route. (I could be wrong on the title of the train)

This was six months before "The Heart of America" tour....but great pics anyway!

Yes this is correct.

Thanks for looking though! These are great pics ;]

Anyone else have em?

You know, I've been following this conversation but I still have no idea what you all are talking about!? :confused: What is, or rather was, 'The heart of America tour'? :scratch: Coz I personally have never heard of this! :shrug: I'm asking coz I may have pictures of this without knowing it!! :wink:

You haven't heard about the "Heart of America" tour? It was Bono going to colleges, churches etc. in the US, together with other celebrities and activists, to do some campaigning work for Africa. It was quite a big thing in 2002. Bono performed "American Prayer" for the first time on World Aids Day in December 2002.

You haven't heard about the "Heart of America" tour? It was Bono going to colleges, churches etc. in the US, together with other celebrities and activists, to do some campaigning work for Africa. It was quite a big thing in 2002. Bono performed "American Prayer" for the first time on World Aids Day in December 2002.

Well that explains why I've never heard of this, coz at that time I had very little access to the internet, expect the occasional visit to the library computers, didn't even have an email account until 2003! There was no mention of this in the last Propaganda magazine I received, i.e. the summer 2002 issue, none of my U2 pen pals in the States at the time ever mentioned it and forget about hearing news reports about Bono on any of Finlands national radio, TV channels, or newspapers i.e. non-existent!! :shrug:

I can post some pictures from the tour, though I haven't come across any trucker photos yet. If I find them in my files later I will post them :)

hearttour1.jpg

bonoheartUSAtour.jpg

bononashvilleheartofamerica12-9-02.jpg

bonogreenarmyhatnebraska.jpg

Bono_First_Datameeting_2002.jpg

HeartofAmericatourLincolnNebrask-2.jpg

HeartofAmericatourLincolnNebrask-1.jpg

bonoworldaidsday2002.jpg

HeartofAmericatourLincolnNebraskaWo.jpg

These are also from the same time and from World Aids Day, but I don't know all the exact details, or if they are still from the tour, sorry!

BonoattendstheChristmasAirlifttoYou.jpg

bono2002a.jpg

Bonoblueshadesgreenhat2002.jpg

Gee, I bought a Rolling Stone with a page long article about this back in 2002. If you want me to scan it I could probably find the ish pretty easy.

These are also from the same time and from World Aids Day, but I don't know all the exact details, or if they are still from the tour, sorry!

BonoattendstheChristmasAirlifttoYou.jpg

bono2002a.jpg

Bonoblueshadesgreenhat2002.jpg

These pics are from the launch of "Operation Christmas Child", a yearly airlift of children's items in individual packages that are flown to & then distributed to poor children around the world.

You can search out "Operation Christmas Child" on the internet & find out more info about it.

This airlift that Bono spoke at was a few days after "The Heart of America" tour. He showed up probably trying to gain support for DATA from Rev. Franklin Graham (Billy Graham's son) who heads up the org that does this airlift of children's items every year, Samaritan's Purse.

I think Bono got initial support from Graham's org back then for DATA but I don't know about their continued support for the movement to end extreme poverty as we grew into ONE.

Tomorrow, I'll post some more about "The Heart of America" tour - at which I was a participant.

Thanks for reviving discussion about a very important time in the B-man's life. :up:

Mulago Positive Women’s Network :wink:

Looks like it was the Love Train :)

lovetrain.jpg

May24-02.jpg

bonoafrica2002lovetrain.jpg

just a couple more from that.

I can post some pictures from the tour, though I haven't come across any trucker photos yet. If I find them in my files later I will post them :)

bonogreenarmyhatnebraska.jpg

Bono_First_Datameeting_2002.jpg

Well now, this is what I mean, I've had these two pics in my computer files for several years, which I knew where from DATA's first ever meeting in 2002! I even used the above pic in one of my business college PowerPoint presentations! But I had know I idea they were part of any on going campaigning tour of America! :shrug:

The Sad Punk said:
Gee, I bought a Rolling Stone with a page long article about this back in 2002. If you want me to scan it I could probably find the ish pretty easy.

And yes, I'd love the see the Rolling Stone article you have! :hyper: Even now, I'm still playing 'catch up' with all this stuff!! :wink:

These pics are from the launch of "Operation Christmas Child", a yearly airlift of children's items in individual packages that are flown to & then distributed to poor children around the world.

You can search out "Operation Christmas Child" on the internet & find out more info about it.

This airlift that Bono spoke at was a few days after "The Heart of America" tour. He showed up probably trying to gain support for DATA from Rev. Franklin Graham (Billy Graham's son) who heads up the org that does this airlift of children's items every year, Samaritan's Purse.

I think Bono got initial support from Graham's org back then for DATA but I don't know about their continued support for the movement to end extreme poverty as we grew into ONE.

Tomorrow, I'll post some more about "The Heart of America" tour - at which I was a participant.

Thanks for reviving discussion about a very important time in the B-man's life. :up:

Mulago Positive Women’s Network :wink:

Thank you for the info!

Actually, bonocomet, I thought it was called the "Love Train" but it sounded so corny that I didn't say that (that's why I said that I thought it might have been entitled the "Hope Train").

Everytime I think about the "Love Train", I can't stop singing that 1970's song by the O'Jays! :sexywink:

Have a good day. :wave:

MySpace - Mulago Positive Women's Network - 50 - Female - AUSTIN, Texas - myspace.com/mulago :love:

Me too, it was stuck in my head all night. :lol:

(I wonder if that song (the lyrics to the song) actually could have inspired the name of the train for real though!) :hmm:

Thanks for all the pic love guys!

Someone MUST have some with Bono and a trucker / truckers?

I remember a funny one where Bono looked so tiny ;]

I'll keep looking. I have literally thousands of photos in my files but not even half are filed with descriptions, so these are all that came up when I ran a few searches. I'll keep my eye out for you though!

Back
Top Bottom