Pic Req: ZooTv Edge's beanie symbols

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Galeongirl

Galeonbroad
What I'm looking for is clear pics of Edge's beanie with the Zoo symbols on it. I'm going to try to recreate this beanie by myself. If anyone has more of the symbols, that'd be awesome. I have sofar the Baby, sattelite and star in pics on their own. Still looking for the tv, the banana? I think it's a banana, not sure. Anyway, more pics of Edge with this beanie are welcome as well so I can finally determine all the pics on it!

Example pic of said Beanie:
beaniepicmiddle.jpg

Thanks in advance! :)

Yay ! your gonna do it!

Its weird , becuase its hard to see which side is the right one , he wore it all kind of different ways...
But here is some pic material.

19117-38801-size3.jpg

This seems to be a different beanie , because Spacebaby is next to the TV
19117-38830-size3.jpg

Same as above.

And just when you think you found the other side of the beanie, it turns out that either Edge is wearing it a different way. or both sides are the same.

351-80678-size3.jpg

1-32761-size3.jpg

So the Lemon is between the satalite and star at the back.

Thanks, though I already have the symbols from his list, since they're from the t-shirts. :)Edge's beanie had more symbols. I'm looking for the remaining ones.

:hmm: Probably will try to get a Trabant on it as well.

Wow thanks! Especially that last one clears up A LOT!!
I think the order of that beanie is like this twice, one set on front one set on back:
crescent moon
Television
Satellite dish
Lemon with the zoobaby face
star
flower? Can't make out what that is for sure.

The other beanie seems to be the one on Bono's head. :hmm:
I think that one's order is like this, again one set on the front and one set on the back:
Zoobaby
Television
Star
Satellite dish

These figures seem somewhat bigger. :hmm:
Thanks for the help sofar! :D

I think I'm going to combine them somewhat. I'll use the images from the 2nd one, with the Lemon and perhaps the Trabant icon. :hmm: If I want to make a whole beanie round I could perhaps add some more recent tour logos as well. keep the front traditional and the rest new.

Oh Yay Gg you're going to do this! I remember you talking about it a long time ago. You mentioned that you already had a good pic of the star, is it one of the pics already here? Just wondering because I have also been trying to gather all the pics of any of the different stars as well. Do you have any others you can post here?

I have a good pic already of the one in that list above called zoo-star, I'm looking for the other one on his beanie now, or any other stars.

I'm sure you've seen this in the ZooDVD but it shows a few more symbols, though they are just outlines.

ZooDoodles-1.jpg

Another ZooTV symbols lover!:cute: I really want that beanie too..
Me tooooo! I would kill to have a beanie like that. I´m a hat person, as soon as the weather gets colder I start wearing my beanies ,I hate when my head is cold,and I have a thing for a men wearing one...

Oh that is a cool image!

I haven't gotten the 'true' picture of the star yet, cannot find it anywhere. Just the Zoo star, so I figure I'm using that one instead.
Been planning this for so long, now I want to get it before winter. Trying to figure out how to do it though. Sow it myself somehow, or get patches made and sow those on. Stupid companies have a minimum amount of 50 though.

Hm so I'm trying to figure out how to do the beanie. I think I'm going to put the four traditional signs in correct order in front: Zoobaby, tv, star, dish. Then in the back I'll put the Trabant, Popmart lemon(will have to make that icon myself from the Lemon tshirt I guess), the Bomb and 360 tour logo. Hm, I wonder if I could fit the Macphisto batsign in there, perhaps instead of the bomb. THough it's an ellipse it should be possible.

I cannot seem to enlarge the Popmart Lemon tshirt on U2.com. Can anyone else?
http://u2.store2.livenation.com/cgi...woa/wa/product?sourceCode=U2CWEB&sku=U2T42016
that one.
And does anyone have a large pic of the 360 tour logo?

I hope you find your beanie Gg! I'd really like to find a good image of the star that is between the lemon and the flower. :hmm:

Thanks, those pics are great. Though I'm still not entirely sure what the orange ish icon is between the satellite and the star. Is it a diff zoobaby or a lemon with a face? :lol:

I'm putting the icons together in photoshop now to see how they would look. Have to wait for tomorrow for the backside though, there's not enough light now to photograph my tour tshirt for the 360 logo or the pop tshirt.

I just found it. :wink: I'm more logical than I think. It was stashed in the closet upstairs with all our winter attire. Gloves and such. Now I'm putting it in my U2 stash.

Oh good you found it! :D

I wish this photo was clearer. I have this photograph, I should go see if it's any better but this scan is probably as good as it gets.

edgezoobeaniesmile.jpg

Right, I want to see if this colored star is the same as the one labeled zoo star, but I cant see the point on the right and that's pretty much the one way to know! I want to see the colors better too. :hmm: On this photo your lemon almost does seem to have a little face, but maybe it's just the photo.

Well it does seem to have a face, well a line as mouth and two dots as eyes, in a couple of other pics. :hmm:
While scaling the pics I've ran into another issue. Edge's tv is different from the tv on the ZooTv symbols tshirt! It's got much bigger antennae on the tshirt. Really strange. Hm, I'm gonna have to try to edit that out then, as the scaling isn't working that way.

I've found a site that says they make single patches, and if you want one not in stock you should email them about it. So once I'm done fixing up the images and have collected all of them I'm going to send them an email asking to make my patches.
Then I'll just simply stitch the patches on the beanie. I hope that will work, as I've not stitched anything on wool before.

ETA: My mother's quite experienced in stitching and sewing and such, and she says that you can sew things on woolen caps, but you'll need patches. Can't just make it yourself with a needle and thread. :) So it is possible by making patches off the icons.

And I think I solved the mystery of the Lemon kid. It's our favourite ZooBaby without his astronaut helmet :)
Found this on google
ZOOTV_SYMBOLS__forum.jpg

And I think I solved the mystery of the Lemon kid. It's our favourite ZooBaby without his astronaut helmet :)
Found this on google
ZOOTV_SYMBOLS__forum.jpg

:doh: I should have posted that for you this morning. I looked at both that one and the one I posted on page 1 and thought they included all the same symbols but the one I posted had more of them so it's the one I chose. Didn't even notice Lemonhead wasn't on there. :up: Sorry.

Thanks Mephy! That first one was what I was looking for. I've no clue how to turn that into lines yet though, have to look into that. :)
For the tour symbol I photographed my t-shirt this morning so I'll upload that later. Gotta dash now!
Thanks again everyone for the help! I hope to be able to have the patches made as soon as possible!:D

Back
Top Bottom